background

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Catching Up

Hello friends and folk!  It seems I have some catching up to do.  This getting home from work at 8:30 only to do it all over again at 7:30 in the morning is really wearing on me.  There has been very little stitching happening.

A big thank you to those of you who purchased my sewing/stitching cases.  I had no idea they would be so popular and I am glad that everyone likes them.  I enjoy sewing as much as I do stitching and when I can pass that joy along to someone else it makes me happy.

Last weekend Chris and I met for lunch and spent some time laughing and chatting.  We are both feeling rather stressed at work so it was wonderful to be able to sit and spend time with a friend.  Chris brought along the Just Cross Stitch Halloween issue for me to peruse.  I will definitely be placing an order for that one soon.  And Chris being the sweetie that she is surprised me with these:
 The Glory House pattern has been on my wish list since it came out and I was just thrilled to see it come out of the bag.  She also gave me the Bent Creek Sheep kit of which I recently finished for her and loved so now I can have my own.  And how neat is that Homespun Elegance notepad???  I just love anything with letters and will put this little pad to great use.

I am very fortunate to have found a friend in Chris and even more fortunate that we live close enough to each other that we can meet and spend time together.

I was surprised once again this week by a little package in the mail from Mindi.  The card was beautiful and see those aqua and white buttons?  Well friends that is a needleminder!  Isn't that just the neatest thing you have ever seen?  I love it and as soon as I get back to my stitching it will be a constant companion.


Yesterday DH and I took a trip to the orchard.  It seems everything is ripening early this year and we picked the first apples of the season.  Delicious Honey Crisp, Royal Courtland, and Gala varieties made it into our basket.  I hope to have time to whip up an apple crisp a little later today.


So...is anyone else as excited as I am about the Olympics?!  I absolutely, positively love watching the Olympics on TV.  I adore the Winter Olympics as much as the Summer Olympics.  I can remember as a child being home sick with the mumps while the summer Olympics were on TV.  I snuck out of the house, removed all the swings from my swingset and proceeded to stage my own version of the parallel bars in my backyard.  Oh, I had fun flipping and swinging (and nearly breaking my neck) until Mom came running outside.  I can still hear her yelling "do you want those knots to go to your brain?! (meaning the mumps as I was hanging upside down by my legs)  LOL  I coulda been a contender if she had just left me alone!   In honor of the occasion I had my toes done in the old red, white, and blue. 

If you have read this far, you deserve a medal yourself!  Thank you all so much for your visits and kind words.  I really appreciate each and every one.

Wishing you the best of everything in the upcoming week!

27 comments:

Jackie said...

It sounds like you're working really really long days Myra. Glad to hear you've had time to meet up with a special friend and spend time picking apples. LOVE the tribute to the Olympics!

McKenna C. said...

What a great suprise!

I love the Olympics too! But I was more of a basketball prodigy. :)

~McKenna

Mouse said...

work does have a habit of getting in the way of stitching doesn't it ... love those toes ...lol and awwww fancy not letting you train for the Olympics when you had mumps ..lol
hope things settle down soon and its lovely to be able to spend quality time with like minded friends :)
love mouse xxxxx

carol fun said...

All work and no play will make for one tired Myra - hope things improve very soon! Great goodies from Chris - that notepad is too pretty to write on! I'm looking forward to the Olympics too. It is great stitching time!

Chris said...

I was so happy to see you and Jerry yesterday!
How was that apple crisp?
Let's hope that we both have a quieter week this week with some stitching:)

Barb said...

Such nice gifts!! You and Chris are both lucky for your friendship! Wow! Cute toes!

Mindi said...

Oh yum, apple crisp! Glad to read the apples are ripening early, since the ones we're getting in the shops here are definitely a bit worse for wear since they're not local or fresh.

So glad you got to relax a bit with Chris over the weekend and also get a fantastic pedicure in anticipation of the Olympics. I love to watch all the horse events, since that's how I spent most of my dare devil moments as a teenager.

Carol said...

Gosh, Myra--those hours sound just horrid! Are you short-staffed right now or is this going to be permanent? Sure hope you are getting paid overtime!!

What great gifts from Chris--especially love Glory House. I was planning on stitching that one myself this month, but just haven't had time. And Mindi's card/needleminder is so cute... Hope you get some stitching time very soon so you can put it to good use!

Love the patriotic toes!! Sure hope they bring our athletes good luck (and I'm glad you didn't end up breaking your neck on the swingset when you were little!! The stuff kids can do and survive amazes me!!)

Have a great week, my friend...

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

Oh I love the Glory housse !!!

very beautiful,
amitiés de FRANCE

Lois said...

It's always nice to get together with stitching friends! What nice goodies from Chris! Love the nails!!!!

cucki said...

Wow very beautiful gifts..
Have a lovely day xxx

Vickie said...

Wonderful gifts from Chris. I hope you work less hours this week.

Siobhán said...

What wonderful gifts! I'm glad you got to meet up with Chris and get a break from all the work stress.

Your pedicure is sooo neat! I am excited about the Olympics, glad that they're in my time zone so we can hopefully watch a lot of it. I was teasing my DH about the last summer Olympics, when we'd tell him not to tell us how Michael Phelps did, we wanted to watch it on the DVR and not know the results. He'd get up earlier than all of us, read the results, and then say, "Okay, I won't tell you how Phelps did, but you're going to be happy!". LOL

Elaine said...

So glad you and Chris had such a fun time Myra. Love the charts and notebook. Such a cute card and needleminder from Mindi too.
I can;t wait for the Olympics to start on Friday. Love the pedicure!My bottom will be parked in my stitchy chair for the next few weeks so I;ve treated myself to a new stitchy start to work on during the events.
Hope the rest of your week isn;t too hectic, hugs!

Elaine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keeper of the Crowes said...

Love the toes!!! Enjoy your apples.
Linda

Cindy's Stitching said...

time will come to stitch again. I love the olympics also. I cant wait for the start. Really rooting for Michael phelps, hoping he sets a new record. the toes look great.

Anonymous said...

Cute toes! Love my little stitching case!

debra

heike said...

Beautyful gifts

Hugs, Heike

msmartello said...

Love the nails Myra! So festive!

Patty C. said...

Cute toes !!!

valerie said...

OOf, sounds like you're putting in some long hours at work. I hope it eases up soon. But good that you got together with Chris! So sweet of her to gift you the notepad and sweet designs!

Love the toes!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Ah, Myra, I can relate to those horrid hours. Hopefully your will pass quickly. Remember to take care of you. Great presents you received! Love the toe celebration, too!

Sharon said...

What a great update. I hope you're resting as much as possible between those long hours! I'm glad you had a fun friend meet-up, those are wonderful aren't they?
If you get a bee in your busy bonnet to make any more sewing cases, please let us know. I would LOVE to buy a hand-made by Myra piece! :)

Catherine said...

Yuck on the work hours! Hopefully you've had a break!
Your get togethers with Chris always sound do fun ~ and what great goodies she gave you.
Love your piggies ~ been watching as much as we can this week!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,
I am back! :)
Sorry I have been absent from your blog but I have been really busy lately. But now things seem to be semi normal again. :)
It is wonderful that you have Chris close by that you can share time with her. Love the stitching as always and those toes.........
Perfect! LOL
Hugs and I just uploaded something new to my blog if you would like to look and leave a comment. :)

Michele said...

always nice meeting up with a stitching friend :) and I love your toes!!