background

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Just Sunny & Peachy

Hello dear friends!  There has been virtually NO stitching happening here so the forecast for this blog post is Sunny and Peachy.  :o)

This week saw the appearance of my very first sunflower:
Isn't she sweet?!  And here is the next one sure to show in all her glory later this week:

 These pictures are a bit deceiving as the actual stalks for the sunflowers are now over 6-1/2 foot tall.  I have to pull them down in order to take a decent picture.  The bees and bugs are loving them right now but what I am really looking forward to is the seeds to form and the birds to start feasting.  Stay tuned.

Last Sunday we took a trip to Millstone Creek Orchards.  It is officially peach season and we just love it.  They really didn't have a crop of peaches last year due to a late frost but the trees are just loaded this year.
What?  You can't see them?  Come a little closer.

Oh come on, get closer.  :o)

Ahhhhh!  Talk about delicious.  I made a cobbler Friday night and we ate the whole thing.  I am hoping to go back next weekend and pick enough to freeze and/or can.  There are no peaches in the grocery or at the farmer's market that can match the taste of fresh picked right off the tree.

Here's hoping your week ahead is sunny and peachy too!

P.S. Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my Flag City finish and my little sewing cases.  I appreciate each and every one!

18 comments:

Barb said...

Your post made my mouth water!!Those peaches look so good and what a pretty sunflower. I love them too!

Jennifer said...

I just LOVE freshly picked peaches. We picked some last year that were so delicious. I was hoping to go again today, but it was miserably hot and we went to the movies instead to try and stay cool. The heat wave is supposed to break tomorrow so maybe we can go picking next weekend. For now I'll just have to imagine how sweet yours taste!

Ellen said...

Gorgeous sunflower! It's one of my favorite flower!

The peaches sure look delicious, love to have some!

Hugs,

carol fun said...

Oh now I can't get the idea of a peach pie out of my head! I'm thinking a trip to the local farmer's market will be on my agenda tomorrow!

butterfly said...

Love your sunflowers, I forgot to plant mine this year.
Wow I wish we could grow peaches here they look so yummy. hugs.

Daffycat said...

Love your sunflowers, Myra! They are so cheerful.

Gorgeous peaches!

Chris said...

Lovely pics Myra! The peaches look amazing and I am sure that the cobbler was too.
I think that it has been too hot to stitch, even with AC ugh!
I hope that you have a great week!

Vickie said...

Great pics, thanks. I have never picked peaches before. Looks fantastic!

Shirlee said...

Great looking sunflower & peaches! You are right ... nothing like a fresh picked peach : )

Carol said...

Aren't the sunflowers HUGE this year, Myra--they obviously love this heat and sun. Ours aren't blooming yet, but should be soon...

Oh, fresh peach cobbler sounds divine--hope you get many more chances to make it this summer.

Have a great week, my friend :)

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Your sunflowers look beautiful, Myra! We get good peaches here in MIchigan, too and you're right. Picked fresh off the tree, there's nothing like them! Yum!!!

Catherine said...

Ooohhhhh...sweet summer goodness! Your sunflower is beautiful and those peaches sure make my mouth water!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Oh, lovely sunflowers Myra. Love those peaches too. I imagine how sweet they smell. :)
I just added a New doll to my blog. Please stop by and leave a comment.
Hugs

Patty C. said...

The Sunflower is just gorgeous !!!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

beautiful pictures
bisous de FRANCE

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Love seeing your sunflower's faces. Ummm I can smell the juice flowing from those gorgeous peaches, too!

valerie said...

Wow, the sunflowers are so pretty...they can always make me smile. And wow, so many peaches. I am sure your cobbler was divine!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Punkie planted sunflowers from seed this year and they came up and bloomed. They look awesome! They finally bloomed at the beginning of August.