background

Monday, September 17, 2012

I miss you all!

Howdy friends!  I miss visiting your blogs and chatting with you so much.  Life hasn't slowed down one bit and when I have a spare minute I try to put in a few stitches instead of jumping on the computer.  I hope you all understand and I will be back to visiting on a daily basis soon.

Is there a nip in the air where you live?  There sure was in NC this weekend which put me in the mood to pull out my fall/Halloween decorations.  This is the first weekend I have had off in about a month so I tried to make the most of those 2 glorious days.


I just love this metal crow I picked up last year at the after Halloween 75% off sale at Hobby Lobby. 

The Halloween tree is up!

I had hoped to have all the LK Rules made into ornaments but it just didn't happen.  I did manage to finish this one giving me a total of 3 so far this year.


Needing a quick Christmas fix, I designed, stitched, and finished a couple of small Christmas pieces.



I have a birthday coming up soon and DH kept asking me what I wanted for my birthday.  I really didn't have anything in mind until I ran across The Preppy Possum on Facebook.  The Preppy Possum is owned by a local artist who conducts painting classes.  When I saw the class "Paint Your Own Pet Portrait" I knew I had found my birthday gift.  :o)

The class was held this past Sunday night and here is the result:

Ain't she beautiful!?
The class was tons of fun and very relaxing.  For someone who can't do much more than draw stick people when it comes to drawing and painting I was beyond thrilled.  Nikki was a great teacher and offered loads of help.  I think I will be taking more classes from her in the future.

If you have made it this far my friends - thank you!  I appreciate your taking the time to stop by and see what I have been doing.  I hope your week is off to a wonderful start and you get to spend some time doing something you love.

27 comments:

Miss Pants said...

I too put out my fall and Halloween items this weekend. I just had to! I love your ornament tree.

Your pet portrait is very cute. We have one of our dog too. Done by a lady up in Summerfield.

April said...

Myra, I love the pet painting!!! You did so great!!! Wow! I just drooled all over my computer at your tree and fall decorations!! lol Hope it settles down some for you so you can enjoy the Fall and stitching.

Barb said...

I do love your tree!!! What a great picture of your dog, you should be so proud!!!

Deborah said...

Your home is looking very festive! Love the tree. You did a great job on the painting.

carol fun said...

I've missed your posts - glad to see that Halloween has arrived at your house. Such cute finishes!! I'm hoping to get my Fall/Halloween stuff out this week.

Oh your painting is wonderful! The eyes are so pretty - so sweet!

CATHI said...

Great pet painting! Turned out beautiful! And what else can I say about your Fall/HW decoration than fabulous!!! Love especially your tree! But your stitchery designed and stitched by you is awesome, too! :o)

Cathi

cucki said...

I love your fall tree so much..You did a great Job on the painting xxx

Chris said...

WOW Myra!!
I am so glad that you finally had a weekend off. Your Fall displays are fabulous. I am amazed at how many Halloween ornaments that you have. I really need to get some more Halloween stitching done.
What can I say about the painting except fabulous!!!!!
Can't wait to see you on Saturday :)

Carol said...

We miss you, too, Miss Myra!! I'm so glad you finally had a weekend to yourself--sure looks like you put it to good use. Your Fall decorating is wonderful--can't get over the number of Halloween ornaments on your tree. They all look great! Especially love your LK finish!! And your new cardinal designs are very cute, too--you can never have too many cardinals, right?

You painted Lola--wow!!! I am so impressed!! If I did something like that you wouldn't even be able to tell it was a dog :)

Hope you get some more rest this coming weekend...

robindefender said...

All your Halloween/fall decorations look great. And what a sweet painting!

Cindy's Stitching said...

house looks great in the halloween decor. The piece you finished are so pretty.

Vickie said...

Oh my goodness Myra! I am so impressed with your pet portrait. I actually read it twice. YOU painted that. WOW!!

heike said...

Your halloween deko is wonderful. Your portrait looks good, too

Hugs, Heike

Tracey said...

Wow! Busy lady! Your designs are so sweet as are your fall decorations. The painting is great!

Marie said...

Bonjour... L'arbre est MAGNIFIQUE !!! Superbes réalisations !!! J'adore...Bisous...Marie

Deb said...

I love all your fall decorations especially your tree!! I haven't pulled out a lick of fall things yet even though our weather is definitely feeling fall-like. Every thing you've shown is so inspiring!!

Daffycat said...

Non-stop work just sucks! I don't blame you for spending spare time crafting rather than "wasting" it on the computer. Our blog posts will still be there when you get around to it.

I love the cardinal christmas ornament you designed! How very sweet! And you Halloween decor is wonderful.

I hope life settles down for you soon, you are so very missed.

Mary said...

Your Halloween tree looks great Myra. It's almost filled!

Lola's portrait is wonderful...you certainly are an artist in many ways my friend!

I love your newest stitching and of course, your signature cardinal is perfect.

Enjoy the weekend. I hope you get more "you" time with a better work schedule.

Early 'Happy Birthday!"
Celebrate and have fun!

((HUGS))

Catherine said...

I've missed seeing posts from you! All of your fall decor looks wonderful and wow, your painting looks amazing!!
Enjoy the weekend!

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Love your Autumn decortions. Wish I had seen that crow!!! Your painting if FANTASTIC! Very impressive!
Linda

Lois said...

So nice to see a post from you Myra! What a lovely autumn/Halloween display, some cute ornaments and I love your painting!!!

Sally said...

It's wonderful to see a post from you Myra. All of your stitching is lovely but I really like the sweet little red bird that you designed.

Berit said...

I love that pumpkin--is it also Lola!? :D

Also, your Lola painting is just super. Good Job!

Your tree is looking great--and quite full!

Kaisievic said...

Love your Halloween Tree - and your LK rules ornament is gorgeous.

Michele said...

love love love your Halloween tree!!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,
I am trying to catch-up here! :)
Wow your home looks so nicely decorated for Halloween/Autumn already! Love your Halloween tree and all the other things!

Hugs

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

OOPS, forgot to comment on your painting of Lola! It is WONDERFUL!