background

Monday, September 24, 2012

More Birthday

First I want to thank all of you who left a comment on my last post and for all the birthday wishes.  Ya'll sure know how to make a girl smile.

My birthday celebration actually started on Friday with a package from my friend Vera.
She sent these wonderful Halloweenie Weeks flosses, felted soap and these antique spindles.  The soap smells wonderful and I can't wait to give it a go.  The label says wool has antifungal properties - who knew?  Now I hope there isn't a fungus among us but if there is I am all set.  ;o)  I had an idea for the spindles and couldn't wait to choose some pumpkin colored wool while I was at Lone Star Merchantile.  Wanna see what I did with one of the spindles?

Meet Jack!  I was inspired by the toothy cat I saw on one of the kits at Lone Star.  Stay tuned...another of the spindles might be wearing a cat next time you see it.

My family showered me with gifts on Saturday morning.  The sons gave me my very own tool box complete with tools (so DH can't lose all of them like he has our others LOL) and a professional set of knives.  DH gave me a really nice set of screwdrivers to go in my new toolbox.  :O)  Do you think that might be because I threatened him the last time I couldn't find my screwdrivers?

And today these beauties arrived from Carol.  I have always admired this design as this little witch dancing with that huge squirrel is just so dang cute.  Doesn't Carol do the most wonderful stitching and her finishes are always top notch.  I am in love with that Halloween print fabric too.

Thank you so much Carol!

There was yet another package in my mail box from sweet Norma

The cutest little bird ornament and a felted wool case.  Seeing this birdie makes me think I need to have a spring themed tree next year.  :o) And check out this gorgeous card she made:

This one will be displayed year round.  Thank you Norma!

Thank you Cindy and Mary for the wonderful cards.  I really appreciate all of you who made me feel so special for my birthday.  Hey, if birthdays were always this much fun we wouldn't mind getting older, would we?  I know I didn't mind turning 49 one little bit.  :o)

17 comments:

Barb said...

What a terrific birthday you have had! Such cute goodies!!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,
So happy to see your had a Marvelous birthday with your friend, Chris! Love that store" Lone Star!" You would have to Drag Me out if I went with you! LOL
So happy you received lots of lovely gifts from friends. Happy that you liked mine . :)
Keep on enjoying your Birthday Month!
Hugs

butterfly said...

How cute is Jack I love him .
Great gifts you are a lucky Birthday girl, hugs.

Daffycat said...

An orange plaid jackolantern? I'm all there! He is really fun and I can't wait to see the cat! Get busy!

cucki said...

such a wonderful birthday you had and Such cute goodies too..
have fun xx

Chris said...

It looks like you had a wonderful birthday!! I love Jack and I am looking forward to seeing the cat.
Have a great work week!

CATHI said...

What a cute pumpkin you made! I am curious to see your cat... :o)

Cathi

Shirlee said...

So glad you had such a wonderful birthday! You got some great gifts & really were creative with the spools!

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

It's so nice to have crafty friends isn't it? Lots of fun gifts and you know they were made from the heart. Your Jack looks really happy on his spindle - what did you do to his teeth to make them so white? As for getting older - some people are hung up on numbers, I'm not and I'm glad you are not too! Happy Stitching

heike said...

Great, that you had a wonderful birthday. And you got wonderful gifts.

Hugs, Heike

msmartello said...

Happy belated Birthday Myra! Sorry I missed your Birthday post. My husband turned 40 last friday so we had a busy weekend. Hope it was great!

Maureen

Carol said...

So glad you enjoyed my little gifts, Myra :) And what wonderful goodies you received from Vera and Norma, too. Love your "Jack" creation--he looks great on the spindle :)

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Happy Birthday, Myra. How blessed you are to be surrounded by good friends and family!
Linda

Catherine said...

Wonderful goodies Myra and I just love what you did with that spindle!

Lois said...

What lovely gifts Myra and sounds like you'd a great day out with Chris! Belated Happy Birthday!!!

Siobhán said...

Happy belated birthday, Myra! What fantastic gifts, love 'em all!

Enjoy your weekend. :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Happy Birthday and what lovely gifts!!!