background

Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Fun Friday

Hello friends!  Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting up with Vera and her friend Leslie for some lunch and socializing.  Vera doesn't have a blog but I know many of you "know" her from her comments on your blogs.  Here she is preparing to enjoy lunch at David's Restaurant in Asheboro.


After lunch, we wandered around downtown Asheboro for a bit of shopping, chatting, and just having fun.
I introduced her to the mosquitos we have here in the South:


And warned her of the dangers of runaway trains.  :o)

Isn't this mural fabulous?!  The light is a real, working light on the side of the building.

I don't know what it is about us stitchers but we always have to come together bearing gifts.  Vera gifted me with one of her fabulous knitted and felted wool bowls and this beautiful bird hook. 


And I made for her this little pillow.

"Treasured Friend"
Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe
Unknown blue linen/Victorian Motto flosses


I have said it before and I will say it again, there is just nothing better than fun times with friends!

My thoughts and prayers are with those of you on the east coast who are in the hurricane's path.  I hope you are all prepared and will stay safe and sound.

16 comments:

Faye said...

Gorgeous pillow~~ And, fun with friends.... Awesome!

carol fun said...

Good times and good friends can't be beat. Love the little pillow and that train mural knocks my socks off - I love trompe l'oeil -- so cool!

Barb said...

You both shared lovely gifts.

Deborah said...

Both of you made beautiful gifts.

butterfly said...

Lovely gifts, always so nice to meet up with friends. hugs

cucki said...

sweet pillow...And, fun with friends...very niceeeeeeeee
hugs xxx

Vickie said...

Such nice gifts for each other.
I love the art you've shared with us Myra.

Chris said...

It looks like you had a wonderful day!!
I love your VM stitching!!

Shirlee said...

Yes ... lovely gifts! It's nice to see Vera ... she's a sweet person : )

Carol said...

What fun to meet Vera in person, Myra! And your gifts for each other are both very special.

Asheville looks like a great place--that giant mosquito is a hoot!! And, oh, how I wish, I could paint like the artist of that mural--so impressive!

Enjoy your week--looks like a solid seven days of rain and gray weather for us in PA :(

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Love your gifties! Aren't stitching friends just the best? Nice artwork to share, too. Be well.

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

I love the stitching !
bisous de FRANCE

Annette-California said...

Your VM pillow is so darn cute. Lovely felted wool bowl with acorn bells. Very special gifts you both made for each other. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.
love Annette

Anne said...

Sounds like you gals had a lovely time!! That mural looks so lifelike! How neat!! Beautiful pillow you made for her! I love the colour choices!!

Solstitches said...

I love the little pillow - so pretty on the blue linen.
Margaret

Catherine said...

Fun with friends is always a great way to spend the day! Great gifties you had for each other too!