background

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Boo!

Isn't this card from Norma fabulous!?  It just made my day to open the envelope and see these googly eyes.

We have been enjoying a glorious fall weekend here in NC.  I love fall but I do not love seeing all those leaves swirling around and landing in my yard.  Sigh....there is lots of raking in my future.

I did a bit of finishing for Chris recently and since her stitching is so dang pretty I just had to share them with you.  (She has already shared on her blog)

A little pillow with chenille trim.

A jar wrap.  I honestly don't know how Chris makes such tiny little perfect stitches.  My claws just can't do it.  And I just love the candy corn button she used on this one.

A larger pillow with some cluny lace trim and a button.  I left this one open so Chris could stuff it.  I do believe this is one of my most favorite Halloween designs.  I stitched it last year and finished it as an ornament for my Halloween tree.

Now, lest you think there has been no stitching going on here...I present to you a finish!

"Give Thanks"
Plum Street Samplers Freebie
32 ct raw linen/DMC floss

I haven't decided how I will finish/finish this one yet.  I have very little to display for Thanksgiving and this will make a great addition to my decor this year.

Thank you for stopping by!  I am off to enjoy this beautiful day.

23 comments:

cucki said...

wowwwwwwwwww
sweet crad and beautiful finihes..
all of them are so cuteeeeeee
and sweettttttttttttt
hugs cucki xxx

CATHI said...

Lovely finishes!!! :o)

Cathi

robindefender said...

Love your finishing! The freebie is adorable. I don't know how I missed this one, but yours looks great. And that card is just too cute!

Berit said...

Beautiful! Great design choices from Chris and I love the finishing choices, too!

Nonsense about your work not being as nice--I'm so lucky to own a piece of your work 'cause it
's gorgeous! I've got it out now ('tis the season) and keep moving it around to figure out where I like it best. :D

Love your PSS Give Thanks, too!

Barb said...

Chris's stitching and your finishing are both lovely!!! I'm anxious to see how you finish your "Give Thanks".

Krista said...

Lovely finishings! That PSS freebie is the cutest!

Siobhán said...

Love your finish and your finishings! Lovely work as always, Myra. :)

Vickie said...

Hey Myra, I just stitched those PSS pumpkins for a fall finish for a poodle of mine. =) http://astitchersstory.blogspot.com/

Kaisievic said...

You are a talented finisher and Chris's stitching is lovely.

Lana said...

Great finishings!!! Chris's stitching IS beautiful!! Love your finished "Give thanks" piece too!!

Faye said...

Look atcha!!!! Its all so so beautiful~~~ Great job, Faye

Daffycat said...

Lovely finishing work, Myra! The Halloween designs are all just wonderful. Chris does nice stitching!

carol fun said...

Wonderful stitching! I love all of them!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

Very nice stitching !!
bisous de FRANCE

Chris said...

Aww Myra!Thanks for your kind words about my stitching. I know that yours is lovely, I have seen it :)
I love the card and your recent little fnish is on my to do list.
Have a great week!

Loraine said...

Everything looks wonderful. I love that Plum Street finish too. I'll have to see if I can still get that one. :)

Deb said...

All the finishing and pieces look wonderful!!

Shirlee said...

Funny card, great finishes, & lovely stitch! I too love fall although not as much as winter : ) Today is almost the perfect fall day with the leaves falling everywhere, a bit of rain, & that fall smell in the air. Alas, Indian Summer is coming this afternoon & will stay till the weekend. BOOOOOO!!!

Carol said...

Very cute card from Norma and your finishing for Chris is wonderful, as always, Myra...I really meant to stitch that little witch one myself this year--just ran out of time! Hopefully, I'll get to it next year.

Love your Thanksgiving finish, too--like you, I have very little in the way of Thanksgiving stitching so I might just do this one, too :)

Hope you are having a good week so far!

Ellen said...

Beautiful finishings, love them!

Love that freebie, I must have missed this one!

Hugs,

Sally said...

Your finishing for Chris is lovely.

Love the card! It made me smile.

Lovely Thanksgiving finish.

Ranae said...

The finishing is perfect. Chris must be over the moon
Cute thanksgiving piece
Take care

Annette-California said...

Loved seeing your wonderful & pretty Halloween stitches. Great finishes to, both yours and Chris.
love Annette