background

Friday, November 2, 2012

It's Friday!

Yipee!  I hope you all had a great week and have something fun planned for the weekend.  My thoughts and prayers remain with those affected by Sandy and I pray that recovery is fast.

I managed to complete a little stitching this week.

"Love" by Lizzie Kate
36 ct linen/DMC floss
Finished as a flat ornament
Then I saw Edgar's post about Erynne's SAL and you know I just had to stitch up this block right away.  :o)   

Designed by Erynne at Stitcheree
 
My plans are to add some lace trim and finish this as a little pillow ornament.  I hope to spend some time at the sewing machine this weekend as I have some finishing to do on Christmas gifts.
 
Thank you for your wonderful comments on my previous post.  I appreciate each and every one of them.  You are all so encouraging and inspiring.
 
Don't forget...if you are a follower I am having a giveaway and will draw a name tomorrow.  You can find all the details here.


24 comments:

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

i love the merry & bright ornament, so pretty - hugs, Amanda

CalamityJr said...

Your tree is going to be lovely!

Ellen said...

Gorgeous! I actually plan stitch merry n bright sampler, maybe I should stitch just one or two squares as you did. It's definitely faster ha ha!

Hugs,

Barb said...

Wonderful little finishes!!You do such a nice job finishing! I need to get motivated. I think it is fear of finishing that keeps me doing big projects!

Miss Pants said...

Both are so cute. I have to admit, seeing your pic of the SAL makes it more appealing to me.

Oh and yes please include me in the drawing for the giveaway.

-Kim

Patty C. said...

Thank you so much for the link -
I can't wait to see what you make in your Giveaway - It will be perfect I am sure !!!

butterfly said...

What wonderful Christmas stitching, Love the way you put the first one together.
Enjoy your sewing weekend, hugs.

cucki said...

Both are so sweet...happy weekend xxx

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

Adorable !
bisous bisous

Peggy Lee said...

"LOVE" is cute! Looking forward to seeing the other one finished too.

Annette-California said...

Love "Love" and Merry & Bright are very pretty. Great job on your flat ornament - the fabric and rick rack go perfectly.
love Annette

Emma said...

Your stitching is lovely, both very pretty!

Shirlee said...

Love your finish Myra ... & what aq great Merry & Bright! Have a wonderful weekend!

Vickie said...

Great job Myra! I wish I was that far ahead.

missy said...

Your stitching is so beautiful.

Deborah said...

Great finishes!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What absolute SWEETIES, you created!

Christina said...

Oh what a sweet Lizzie Kate finish Myra.
I too am tempted by the SAL. I love the Christmas Pudding block. I think I'll stitch it as an ornie.

Chris said...

Wonderful stitching Myra! When I saw that square on The Merry & Bright piece I immediatly thought of you!
So nice to see you today!

Anne said...

Adorable finishes Myra! I really like that SAL too!!

Pam in IL said...

Such cute little finishes!

Carol said...

Oh, they are both so pretty, Myra!! You'll have to start your very own cardinal ornament mini-tree very soon :)

Sally said...

Your ornaments are beautiful!

Catherine said...

As always, I love your finishes!!