background

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Road Trip!

Today Chris and I headed down to Lone Star Merchantile for their Christmas open house.  We met a friend of Chris's there (Hi Susan!) and let the browsing and shopping commence.  They had lots of neat prim Christmas things, fabrics galore, and as always the staff was very helpful and friendly.  I dorked out and didn't take a single picture inside the shop.  They have several pictures posted on their blog which are much better than any I would have taken so head on over there and have a look.

I did manage to get this picture of Chris while we were there.  We were also having a belated birthday celebration since we were unable to meet up before her special day. 
I didn't tell her but I want that orange shirt she's wearing.  :o)
 
Afterwards we had a wonderful lunch and I really enjoyed talking and laughing with Susan and Chris.  Time spent with like minded ladies is just priceless!
 
Wanna see my goodies?

 
Hand dyed wool, tarnished tinsel, rusty jingle bells, and several cuts of fabric made their way into my basket. 
 
Even though we were celebrating Chris's birthday she gifted ME with this cute little Christmas kit. 

 
Well, it has been a long day friends and since this came in the mail today...

 
I think I'll settle down for a bit of reading before I toddle off to bed.
 
I hope your Saturday was as wonderful as mine!

9 comments:

Barb said...


Sounds like a wonderful day! Love the goodies you purchased.

cucki said...

Sounding a fun day..
Lovely stash..
Hugs x

butterfly said...

What a wonderful day spent with friends they are always just the best, hugs.

Annette-California said...

What a fun day you and Chris had. Love your new goodies. That tinsel is so pretty love the packaging:)
love Annette

Siobhán said...

It looks like a fun day! Love the things that you purchased, and the gift from Chris! And that magazine--I always love looking at others' Christmas displays.

Shirlee said...

What a fun day indeed! I love that old looking tinsel. Reminds me that I bought some 2 years ago, put it in a box & haven't seen it since. Love those rusted tin things : ) Great purchases, great gift, great day : )

Vickie said...

A fun day with some great finds. I read Country Living also.

Carol said...

You're so lucky to have each other so close, Myra... I love the little goodies you found at the Mercantile and that was so sweet of Chris to gift you with the "Berry Deer" chart--cute!

Hope you are relaxing and enjoying this lovely Sunday :)

Anonymous said...

I love seeing what you and Chris have been up to ~ love your goodies! Wish I lived close enough to join in on the fun!