background

Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Gift For You

My "theme" this holiday season has been one of Peace.  I used this word in the stitchy gifts I gave to friends and family this year and to me that simple word speaks volumes.  I wish that I could send each and every one of you a little something to let you know how much I appreciate your comments, kind thoughts and encouragement.  Since I realize that is impossible I would like to share with you my two little designs in the hopes that you might decide to stitch them up and find a little peace yourself while doing so.


(Click to enlarge, then right click to save to your computer)
 
Sing along with me, won't you?

Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on earth, the peace that was meant to be!
With God as our Father, brothers all are we.
Let me walk with my brother in perfect harmony.

Let peace begin with me. Let this be the moment now.
With ev'ry breath I take, let this be my solemn vow;
To take each moment, and live each moment in peace eternally!
Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me!
~~Lyrics By Sy Miller and Bill Jackson

19 comments:

Catherine said...

Oh, Myra! They are so sweet. Your finished versions were adorable ~ thanks so much for sharing. May your
Christmas be a peaceful one.

Mouse said...

thank you so much for the charts .... and love the words you have at the end .. in fact I am humming the tune now :) love mouse xxxx

Joanne said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful charts.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Joanne

Marilyn said...

Thanks so much Myra, they're both nice.
Marilyn

SusanS said...

Thanks Myra! You know I love that North Carolina cardinal. Have a Merry Christmas!

Susan

Kathy L. said...

Thank you for the sweet patterns. Merry Christmas!

Kathy

Jodi S said...

Thank you for sharing your special designs! I have been admiring the finishes you did on them. Merry Christmas!

Ellen said...

Thank you, Myra, they are adorable!

Hugs,

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your generosity in sharing these designs with us! What a wonderful reminder about peace on earth!

Wishing you and yours a joyous Christmas!

Robin in Virginia
rlbrowninva @ gmail.com

Faye said...

Thank you!!!! I will be sure and mention you when posting about this wonderful design...... And, yes, let there be Peace on Earth.....I pray one day there wil be.....

Best wishes to you always dear friend, Faye

Barb said...

Myra, Thank you so much for the chart!I think your hope for peace is a wonderful theme!

Vera said...

Simply beautiful Myra! Love the charts, love the sentiment and have always loved that song. Best wishes my friend for a peaceful and joyeous holiday.

cucki said...

It is so sweet..thank you dear
Love cucki x

butterfly said...

Thank you Myra, that is so sweet of you, can't wait to stitch them up for next year.
Peace is such a lovely word , I also love the words Faith Hope and joy, and wish you all four of them and a wonderful Christmas. Hugs.

Vickie said...

Great job! Love that song. A Blessed, Merry Christmas to you!

Chris said...

Merry Christmas Myra!
Thank you for the sweet designs!

Karoline said...

They are lovely Myra

Merry Christmas to you

Carol said...

Myra--I'm so impressed by these--really!! I just love mine and now I can make the other, too :)

Thanks so very much for sharing your talent!! (And your love of cardinals!)

Maggee said...

Myra--thanks for sharing your patterns with the blogging world! I look forward to stitching them! They will be quick but lovely! Have a Happy New Year celebration! Hugs!