background

Sunday, December 30, 2012

An unexpected finish

I really didn't expect to have another finish in 2012 but I found myself in my stitching spot on Christmas Eve with nothing ready to stitch.  I had planned for this to be my New Year's start:

Lizzie Kate Inspiration Boxer
BK35 - Not all of us
 As you can see, it didn't make it to 2013.  :o)  I am thinking of using the homespun you see to border it and then frame it.  What do you think?  Now I have to come up with something else for my New Year's start.

Speaking of 2013 - what are your stitching plans for the New Year?  I am trying to come up with a list of some medium sized projects I would like to complete this year.  "Not all of us" was one of them.  With Thy Needle's "Bird Pinkeep" is on the list as is Notforgotten Farm's "Halloween Queen".  I would like to do another good sized sampler but nothing is really striking my fancy right now.  There will surely be lots of smalls on the list and I would like to reaffirm my somewhat scattered intentions of stitching one Christmas ornament a month and finishing up all of the LK Halloween rules.  Perhaps I will try to dig through my stash in the next few days and make an unofficial list.

I decided to wander down the Christmas aisles at Wal-Mart this week and happened upon these beauties:
Aren't they fabulous?  I believe they will make a nice addition to my little primitive tree next year.  They are made of tin and were 1/2 price.  I couldn't resist.
 
It is quite chilly here today and is supposed to be cold tonight so I made a big crock pot full of
Taco Soup.  Delicious as soup today and will make wonderful burritos for dinner tomorrow.
 
Thank you for stopping by.  I enjoy all your visits and comments.  Have a great week and may 2013 bring you good health, happiness, and a gorgeous stitching finish or two!

31 comments:

mainelystitching said...

So very cute!! :)

Vickie said...

ooOoo! I love that one! And your flock of cardinals is fabulous. =) A Happy, Blessed New Year to you Myra.

Jennifer M. said...

Lovely finish Myra. I like that fabric you want to finish it with. I was thinking of making a list of projects for 2013, but then again I did that in 2012 and didn't stick to it! Maybe I will try again this year. :)

Happy New Years.

Jen

Anonymous said...

Super finish, Myra! I like your tin cardinals!

Wishing you a wonderful 2013 filled with many stitches!

Robin in Virginia
rlbrowninva @ gmail.com

missy said...

Myra, you just cost me money for after I saw your LK finish I clicked over to 123stitch.com and ordered the boxer. I think it will make a great 2013 project for a special gift.

I love the tin bird ornaments. Those are something that could be up all year.

Marilyn said...

Great finish Myra.
The fabric is perfect colors for finishing it.
Cute Cardianls!
Marilyn

Ellen said...

Love your LK finish! That fabric would be perfect for the finishing!

Happy New Year!

Catherine said...

What a sweet finish, Myra, and how true! Those cardinals are perfect for you! May you and your family have a blessed New Year!

Jodi S said...

Love the pre 2013 finish. IMHO the fabric will compliment it beautifully!

Nancy said...

Love your new finish and those cardinals were a great find! Wishing you a Happy New Year!

Carol said...

What a great find in those cardinals, Myra!! And your finish is so pretty--love the sentiment on it and the fabric you've chosen is just perfect!

Happy New Year, my friend!!

Karen said...

I love these designs and that fabric looks perfect for finishing! Hope you have a great stitchy new year!

Barb said...

Your finish is lovely. I like the thought. The homespun looks super with it. I hope to do more samplers this yer. I have already put a few in line. Have a Happy New Year!

Friendship Crossing said...

Gorgeous finish Myra~love the colors you chose for the fabric. Really brings out those same colors in the stitched piece.

Cute cardinals and thanks for the link to the Taco Soup.

Happy New Yr!
Tanya

Deborah said...

Love the finish! The fabric will go nicely. I just printed the recipe for the soup. It looks yummy.

butterfly said...

Love your stitching and lovely material matches so well.
Cute ornaments.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, Myra. hugs.

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

TRES BONNE ANNEE 2013 !

BISOUS FROM FRANCE ! Marylin

Chris said...

Happy New Year Myra!
Wonderful finish!
I am looking forward to seeing what you stitch in 2013.

Brigitte said...

That's a lovely finish.
Happy New Year!

Miss Pants said...

How pretty!

You know there were some holiday cardinal things in the museum shop before the holidays. I forgot to tell you.

Shirlee said...

Beautiful finish & birds my friend! I wish you a new year full of non-stop blessings : )

Charlene ♥ SC said...

That's a great surprise finish! I'm sure you will find some great things to stitch in 2013.
Be well, stay safe, and Happy New Year!

CATHI said...

Wonderful finish, Myra! All the best for 2013 for you and your family!

Cathi

Karoline said...

Lovely finish, congratulations

Happy new year

Kissy said...

Love the tin cardinals!!!
And also the Lizzie Kate sentiment! So true...
Happy New Year!

Mary said...

Wonderful finish! The little bird ornaments are just adorable, and at 1/2 price a great buy!!
The soup sound so good. I made a big pot of turkey noodle a few days ago with the last bit of Christmas turkey. Yum!

Maggee said...

Great stitching! I have that one in my stash... maybe it will get done this year... LOVE the bird ornaments! I would have them out all year round! Hugs!

Sally said...

A gorgeous finish ! I got Sweet Simple Things for Christmas and am looking forward to starting it.

Love those birds.

Happy New Year!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Happy New Year, Myra!

Jan said...

I like the finishing touch of the homespun with your cross stitch. Looks like it was fun to do.

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous finish for 2012. Now I am curious as to what you have chosen to start 2013 with?