background

Monday, December 10, 2012

Firestarter

Hello dear friends!  I hope you are all well and enjoying the spirit of the season. 

I have been experiencing a spirit of another sort.  This could be me at any given moment of any day:

 
Remember her?  It's the little girl from the movie Firestarter who is able to make things spontaneously combust.  Well in my case, I am the thing that is about to spontaneously combust.  I am speaking of hot flashes only in my case they should be called ohmygoshhelpmeIamseriouslyburningupabouttodiesweatingcan'tbreathe flashes!
And at the exact moment that my body temperature reaches 5498 degrees my husband decides that is the perfect moment to either tell me how much he loves me or ask me where I put whatever thingamabob he happens to be searching for at the time.
 
And in that next moment when my body temperature has dropped to 5497, I become her:
 
 
Please keep him in your thoughts.  I don't know if he is going to come through this menopause thing unscathed!
 
On a happier note I attended a wonderful Christmas breakfast Saturday morning with The Piedmont Heritage Sampler Guild.  It was great to see this talented group of ladies again.  Head over to our blog and see what a lovely group we had.  I am already looking forward to our next meeting.
 
I also managed to deck these halls on Saturday evening.  If our temps would drop below 70 degrees now it might just start feeling a little like Christmas here.  I do love putting up all my decorations and my DH and sons always tell me how pretty everything is.
 
I have been doing lots of finishing lately and most of those were gifts so I don't have a lot of stitching to show.  I did manage to chart out a little snowman and finish up another of those cute little sleds.  I added a little dimension to him by using tiny little buttons and a floss scarf. 

 
Perhaps I was trying to subliminally "cool down"?  ;o)

20 comments:

April said...

Just imagine snow blowing off the top of a mountain and raining down on you! Hope this visual helps... Great snowman! Prayers for your husband. I just know he will survive! lol Hot in in Bama too. Sweating and putting up decorations is not fun!

Ellen said...

That snowman is gorgeous! Just stitch more snowmen and your temperature will drop!

Hugs,

Robin Lund said...

Oh Myra, I feel your pain! I am no stranger to hot flashes! Where on earth did they ever get the name "flashes"? For me, they are more like hotinterminablehours! Maybe your husband and my husband could form a support group! Oh we'll... By the way, I love the little snowman,,

Barb said...

I feel your pain. I have had them for years!! My Dr. says , "Oh that must be difficult!" (She's young and very pretty) My step-Mon says, "Grandma Maude had them till she died at 80!!" I think there is no hope for me. On a happier note, a very pretty finish!

Miss Pants said...

Oh I love the sled ornament. A friend of mine did one this year..I some how missed out on those.

Great to see you on Saturday, breakfast was fun!

Hope the fires get put our soon. Sorry.. :( I guess I have that fun to look forward too, although I got a preview of them right after Lena was born. It was intense!

Deborah said...

All I can say is, menopause is not your friend! I was having up to 32 of those a day. Finally had to get medication.

Annette-California said...

Your snowman/sled ornament is soooo Beautiful. Hope your over heating episodes go all away and don't come back. Sending you cool thoughts. love Annette

butterfly said...

Wow so pretty love your snowman, great idea.
Sorry about the fire within you. The only thing i can say is they are good when the weather gets cold, ha.
They will go my friend and you will feel so good once you get through it, hugs.

cucki said...

aww cute snowman..
love for you x

Chris said...

I am so sorry. I hope that you can cool down soon. I am not looking forward to this.
That little snowman is such a sweetie.
I hope that you have a great week.
Hugs!

CATHI said...

Wonderful snowman! I don't know if I am already in the phase of life you described, but sometimes it feels like I am!!! ;o) All the best and come calm and cool through this phase! :o)

Cathi

Carol said...

I think it's time for you to move north, Myra--the cooler weather might help those nasty hot flashes... Not really--I've been dealing with them for 15 years now--can you imagine!! Blech!!!

I LOVE that little snowman sled--just adorable. Think I may have to get some of those Dixie Darlings for myself :) Love the scarf and buttons you added!

Your Christmas breakfast sounds so enjoyable--how nice to have a sampler guild nearby...

Shirlee said...

God bless you Myra! I remember those hot flashes so well! Every once in a while one still decides to visit. Love how you tweaked the little sled : )

Siobhán said...

Yikes!! I haven't moved into hot flash territory yet and am scared to do so! I laughed at the pictures, though--great imagery!

Love your finish!

msmartello said...

Myra,
You had me laughing so hard I almost fell off my chair. Good thing no one else is home right now.I hope your husband is a patient man and that he know's it's only temporary. Very cute snowman. Where did you find the cute little sleds? You know I might have to get me some of those.LOL!

Maureen

valerie said...

Oh no, I hope the hot flashes ease up for you soon. I am not looking forward to that transition in life! I love your little sled ornie! Can you point me in the direction to buy them? You've probably already mentioned it and I missed it.

Anonymous said...

Hey very nice blog!
My web site :: computing

Catherine said...

I remember giving my mom a card years ago for her birthday ~ it had a superhero for women suffering from the "fire". She had tights, a cape, a big lightning flash on her bodice and she was called the Hotflash!! Hope it settles down for you.
Love your sled!! I may have to order more of those with the snowman patterns!!

Mouse said...

ohhh gosh tropical moments or power surges are a wonderful thing NOT !! hope DH manages to keep out of the way ...
cute wee snowman on the sledge too ... love mouse xxx

Karoline said...

{{{Hugs}}} A friend of mine calls those moments her 'personal summer'

Your ornament is lovely