background

Friday, December 21, 2012

Four More Sleeps

Hello friends!  Only 4 more sleeps until Christmas - are you finished with all your preparations?  I am and I plan to relax this weekend and perhaps sneak in some quality stitching time.

I want to share with you a couple of delightful gifts I received in the mail this week.

First from Faye this sweetest of ornaments:
 
Isn't this just the sweetest little thing?!  And it is finished to perfection.  Thank you so much Faye, a true treasure to add to my tree.
 
And this package arrived from dear Vera:

 
Do you see those tiny wool baskets?  She knits and felts those herself.  Cute as a button they are.  She also treated me with some stitching needfuls - wonderful scissors, needles, a charm and oh look!   A cardinal tin to hold it all.  Thank you so much my friend.
 
I finished up what will be my last 2 Christmas ornaments this year.

 
This is my own design finished into a little pillow ornament.  Some of you may recognize the design as I stitched it as gifts to some of my friends this year.

 
I also finished this little primitive angel.  This sweet design is by Pam from Our Pioneer Homestead.
I finished it as a pillow ornament, trimmed it with Victorian Motto chenille, and experimented with a prim button/wool tassel.  I am hoping to stitch several prim ornaments over the next year and decorate my smaller tree in the primitive style.
 
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
 

12 comments:

Ellen said...

Love your ornaments, especially the one you design. It's so beautifully finished.
Wonderful gifts from your friends!

Wishing you n your family a blessed Christmas!

butterfly said...

Beautiful ornaments and gifts.
Warm wishes for Christmas Myra and enjoy your weekend I am also hoping for a little wee bit of stitching time this weekend you never know. hugs.

cucki said...

Very pretty ornaments and gifts ..
Christmas love for you dear xxx

Chris said...

What lovely gifts from Faye & Vera!
I love the different surprises that I have seen on your internet friend's blogs. You are so talented. I know that they treasure these gifts!

Vickie said...

Such nice gifts for you Myra.
Your ornaments are great. I like the way you finished them off.

Cindy's Stitching said...

how pretty all of them are. I have recently moved so, I am catching up will all of the blogs. Have a merry christmas

Kathy A. said...

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas

Mary said...

Great gifts! Lovely ornament stitching and finishing! Nicely done.
Merry Christmas!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Beautiful ornaments and gifts!!!

Sally said...

Beautiful gifts and ornaments.

Happy Christmas.

Catherine said...

Beautiful goodies, Myra!! I have seen your design on some other posts ~ you certainly shared some smiles this holiday season! Wishing you and your family a simply peaceful Christmas!

valerie said...

Great finishes and lovely goodies! That stocking from Faye is fab. Marry Christmas to you and yours!