background

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Last ornie of 2012

Thank you all for your wonderful comments on the little designs I shared.  I would love to see pictures if any of you decide to stitch them. 

Last night I finished up the last Christmas ornament I plan to stitch this year.
Design by Victoria's Sampler from the JCS 2012 Ornament Issue
 
 
I had my own little Christmas celebration Sunday Morning before anyone else in the house was awake.  I had received a few gifts that I had postponed opening.
 
From dear Carol  this beautifully stitched and finished ornament.  I just love everything about it.  She also sent along that cute snowman magnet, delicious chocolates, and red jingle bells.  Thank you so much Carol for making my Christmas extra special.

 
Then from Maureen  this special golden birds nest.  I just love the tradition that goes along with this and I couldn't ask for a more wonderful gesture of friendship. 



And last but certainly not least, from Shirlee the most beautifully stitched and finished primitive pillow I have ever received.   The details are just perfect - from the natural twine to the rusty pin and jingle.  Shirlee, your finishing is awesome!
 
 I was thrilled with all of my gifts but most importantly, I am truly blessed with your friendships.

Back to the grind for me tomorrow.  I am hoping for a stress free end to the week.

19 comments:

Peggy Lee said...

Love your ornament Time to start on next years!
You received some lovely gifts. Shirlee sent me the same pin cushion and I agree...her finishing talent is amazing!

Catherine said...

Love your sweet finish, Myra! You certainly received some wonderful goodies! I'm hoping to find some time in the new year to finish~finish some of the ornaments I stitched this year. I have to reclaim some of my time from my boys!

Cole said...

Beautiful ornament Myra! And some lovely treats from friends too :)

Deborah said...

Wonderful gifts.

Annette-California said...

How nice to get up early by yourself to enjoy opening gifts from your stitching friends. Very Lovely gifts you received. love Annette

butterfly said...

Lovely stitched ornament, and some wonderful gifts.

Chris said...

What lovely gifts! What a sweet Christmas morning treat!

Vickie said...

Wonderful gifts for a wonderful lady! Have a great, short work week.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

A darling end to the Christmas stitching. What's up next? Lovely gifts - for a lovely lady! Hope your week ends well.

Mary said...

Such a sweet finish, Myra!
Great gifts and goodies, too!

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

valerie said...

What a pretty ornie finish. And wonderful gifts from Carol, Maureen and Shirlee!

Anne said...

I love those little Victorian Sampler animals! So darling!! Lovely gifts from the gals too! Merry Christmas!

msmartello said...

So glad the birds nest arrived in one piece. I saw it under the tree in your Merry Christmas picture. LOL! Great patterns! Thanks for sharing. i am going to add them to my ornament list for this year. I will show them when they are finished. Happy New Year!
Maureen

Michele said...

love your sweet ornament! The freebie is very cute ... I'll be stitching it in 2013 :) Happy New Year!

Barb said...

What a collection of cute stitching projects!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

Sublime !
bisous from FRANCE

Carol said...

Oh, that is adorable, Myra!! That reminds me that I bought a couple of those large bottle caps ornaments last year after you posted them. Now, where on earth did I store them???

So glad you enjoyed your gifts--I loved stitching it for you! Lovely gifts from Shirlee & Maureen, too. And yes, the friendships are the best gifts of all :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

What beautiful and generous gifts!!!!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,
The gifts that you received are lovely and your last ornament of the year is to die for! :)
When I grow up , I want to know how to stitch like you! LOL
Lots fo hugs and Happy New Year 2013 to You and Your Family!