background

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Lunch Ladies

Today Chris and I met for lunch and our Christmas gift exchange.  We had lots of catching up to do and enjoyed a wonderful lunch while doing so.  I am so fortunate to have "found" Chris and quite honestly feel as if she is a part of my family.  She also spoils me rotten!  Let me show you...

 
First is this beautifully stitched and finished ornament.  I admired this one when Chris was stitching it and now it is mine, all mine!  I love bargello and the gold trim gives it the perfect amount of bling.  Then there was the most adorable little cardinal I think I have ever seen.  Both of these are already on my tree and I have had to stop and re-admire them several times today.

 
As if those two weren't enough, she also gifted me with this wonderful mug made by a local pottery, the cute mesh stitching bag, Christmas tissues, and the 100th Anniversary Whitman's Sampler Tin.  I sure don't feel deserving of all these gifts but I really appreciate and treasure each and every one.
Thank you Chris!
 
Wishing all my friends and followers the most wonderful holiday and I hope that you have a friend like Chris in your life too!

17 comments:

Barb said...

You and Chris are so lucky to have each other. I would love a stitching buddy close by. Thank goodness for all of you great folks on the blog!! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Kathy A. said...

What lovely gifts from a lovely lady.

Marie said...

What a wonderful, generous friend. The ornament is beautiful. Wonder where one gets the Whitman tin? That makes me think of my grandmother who collected everything in whitman boxes and tins!

Have a wonderful holiday!

butterfly said...

Wonderful gifts from your dear friend Chris, looks like you had a fun time.
Warm wishes for Christmas .

cucki said...

Very sweet gifts..
Love for you x

Shirlee said...

Well you two had a wonderful time, didn't you : ) I just read the post that Chris did about the lunch & gift exchange. Her gifts to you are thoughtful as well : ) I think it's interesting that you both gave each other something trimmed with tinsel garland : ) Have a great Christmas my friend!

Catherine said...

I saw Chris' post last evening. It is always fun to read of your Saturdays together. I think you both spoiled each other! Have a wonderful Christmas, Myra!

Vickie said...

Good for you!! A Blessed, Merry Christmas to you Myra.

Andrea said...

Wonderful gifts.

Merry Christmas Myra.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

What wonderful gifts! Merry Christmas Myra!

Jan said...

Merry Christmas Myra and Blessings in the New Year!

Berit said...

OF COURSE you deserve them!!

Sounds like a great time, and I live your post title!

Hope you and DH and sons have a wonderful holiday.

Berit said...

Live=love! Darn phone-commenting!

Carol said...

Such wonderful gifts from a wonderful friend--how lucky you two were to discover each other :)

Merry Christmas, Myra!!

Miss Pants said...

You are spoiled with all those gifts! How lucky!


She gave me a mug, I love it and have used it already!

Mouse said...

awwww lovely goodies you got ... that cardinal is tres cute :) hope you have a wonderful christmas and a very merry stitchy new year :) love mouse xxxxx

Chris said...

I feel the same about your friendship Myra!
Hugs!