background

Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Whole Lotta...

 ...stitching going on!

Hi friends!  Happy St. Patrick's Day!   I have my corned beef in the crock pot and plan to do some finishing today.

I have been doing a bit of stitching:

 
"April"
PS Book #13- A Prairie Year
40 ct mystery linen
DMC and Victorian Motto Floss
 
As you can see, I am still loving the 40 count fabric. This was a little piece gifted to me by a friend (thanks friend!).  I substituted the brown for the bunny with Victorian Motto Drab Brown and really like the mottled look of it. 

I actually started stitching this next piece in January and worked on it in between stitching smalls.  My original plan was to frame this one but I am thinking a pillow in a coordinating fabric would look nicer.

 
"Joyeux Noel"
Gazette 94 freebie
32 count Belfast /DMC floss
 
I thought these fellows would look good on a dark green background but I didn't have any dark green linen.  So...I pulled out the old rit dye and went to it.  I was quite pleased with the result.  Don't you just love Santa's striped socks and that little robin perched on his head?  :o)
 
Thank you for stopping by today!  I appreciate each and every one of you.
Perhaps you will follow Glitter's lead and have a wonderful, relaxing Sunday!



27 comments:

Shirlee said...

Hi Myra! Glitter is so cute & lucky to be lying in that sunbeam! Poor Sophie has to deal with rain & gray, overcast skies today. Your bunny is so cute, & I love that Santa/snowman!

natalyK said...

Lovely finishes Myra. Love the rickrack and buttons on the pillow and your green fabric is "fab"

Jodi S said...

Love your PS bunny! And you 'winter friends' are adorable!

Deb said...

Such sweet finishes Myra!! I love how you finished off April!!

cucki said...

Super sweet finishes xxx

Vera said...

Lovely finishes Myra! Glitter looks so comfy...we had snow, sleet, more snow and then lots more sleet yesterday. Wed is the first day of Spring and I cannot wait!

CalamityJr said...

Love the bunny finish. Happy Spring!

Gillie said...

Love the two fellas! Oh to be able to be as relaxed as Glitter!

Pam in IL said...

Love both of your finishes! I feel like Glitter today and just am lounging around.

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching and finish, hugs.

carol fun said...

I do love Santa's choice of socks -- too cute! And the bunny is wonderful too. Enjoy the corned beef!

Carol said...

I've always loved this bunny, Myra--and your finish of him is adorable!! I'm so impressed with your fabric dyeing, too--it turned out to be the perfect backdrop for the snowman and Santa freebie :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you--enjoy that corned beef!

Vickie said...

Sweet stitching. Your Glitter is so pretty.

msmartello said...

Great finishes Myra! I am very impressed with your dyed fabric.
Maureen

Karen said...

Love your bunny finish... love how pretty it is with the pink! Hope you have a great day finishing....

Catherine said...

Oh, I wish I had a sunbeam to lay in ~ the dreary grey days continue here!
Love your sweet stitches and finishes!

Emma/Itzy said...

Lovely stitching! x

Barb said...

Such lovely finishes!! Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!

Mouse said...

ohhhh lovely dyeing there and they do look cute ....
49 count is good isn't it :) and I am relaxed as Glitter or will be in five zzzzzzzzzzzzzz ..lol love mouse xxxxx

Mary said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Myra!

I love the bunny finish. The ribbon and buttons coordinate beautifully. This bunny pattern is a favorite of mine.

Your dyed fabric is a perfect complement to the Santa and snowman "pals."

We celebrated with "our Patrick" at dinner last night because I drove him back to school today. He and Glitter must have shared the same "slumber idea" as he slept most of the way. I do miss him after a week's break at home.

I hope you enjoyed your corned
beef. I always think of it as "true Irish comfort food."

Chris said...

What gorgeous finishes Myra!! I love the spring bunny. The santa and snowman are great too. I think the fbric is perfect. Glitter looks very happy!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

Beautiful pictures !!!!

bisous bisous from FRANCE

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Such a sweet bunny finish! Cute Santa and friend, too. Don't you just love that you can do what you need with linen... dye, stain, dab, etc. Yours turned out great. Glitter had the right idea, too. Have a great week.

Maggee said...

I had two crockpots going yesterday, cause we had company and they always want leftovers, just like Thanksgiving! These once-a-year feasts! That bunny sure is cute! And yes, those socks are hilarious, and loving that robin on Santa's head! Hugs!

dixiesamplar said...

Lovely stitching, Myra! and Glitter looks so comfortable and toasty warm.

Anne said...

Such a sweet Easter finish Myra! Love the trim you used. I like Glitter's idea of lying in a sun beam :D

Andrea said...

Wonderful stitching, love the PS finish.