background

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Boris

Hello friends and folk!  I hope you are all enjoying a restful Sunday.

I have been perusing the new releases coming from the Nashville market.  Have you seen anything you just love?  I am loving the new Liberty kit from Chessie and me.  Oh, and Catherine sent me a pic of the new Rosewood Manor Winter Quaker - chock full of cardinals.  I do love it but I don't know about those Valdani threads.  Will file that one away for now.  :o)  And I do like Paulette's latest companions for Sergei - Viktor and Irina.  Speaking of which...


"Boris"
Plum Street Samplers
36 ct Tree of Life Cocoa Double Dip Linen
Floss mostly as charted with a few DMC substitutes
I suppose Olga will be next on my list.  I plan to have Boris framed just as I did Sergei so I can hang them together.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll end up doing the entire series eventually as they are lots of fun to stitch. 

I am heading for my happy chair this afternoon with a springy Prairie Schooler design.  Chuck roast and veggies in the crock pot - I think I'll stitch until it's time to eat!

Wishing you all a wonderful week ahead!

24 comments:

Catherine said...

Great finish, Myra!! That kit caught my eye too!! Enjoy your afternoon of stitching!

Kay said...

I haven't seen this design before. Just love it. I have a little black dog and just may need to stitch this.

CalamityJr said...

He's so cute, but certainly doesn't look very happy, even with all the yummy treats you've put there for him. Silly boy!

Maggee said...

I've got a rump roast in the crock pot and laundry going... Just about ready to go stitch!If we stitch spring pieces, will that make it come faster??!! I have finishing to do but I'm just not motivated today! Boris is cute-- congrats on the finish! I didn't really see any Nashville stuff that grabbed me except the Jardin Prive sampler one. Enjoy the day! Hugs!

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Boris is adorable! I really liked the Rosewood Manor piece too, but like you, am not a fan of Valdani threads. I'm putting that on hold, too. Hope you'll post a picture of Sergei and Boris, together.
Linda

Vickie said...

ooOoo! So cute! Sounds like a great day Myra.

Melissa said...

Oh, I love Paulette's designs of this series. Your Boris is looking wonderful. I too am looking forward to getting my hands on the latest one with the lion and lamb - so cute!

Happy Stitching, Myra!

carol fun said...

Boris is a cute pooch! All of the Plum Street Samplers have such personality. That new Rosewood Manor Winter Diamonds is calling my name. I'm using the Valdani threads on my Quaker Diamond piece and I like them. Easy to stitch with.

Your dinner sounds yummy - stitch the day away!

Michele said...

love Boris! I stitched Sergei last year. Really want to stitch Olga and Boris too.

Ellen said...

Gorgeous, love him! Looking forward to your PS's start!

Hugs,

Friendship Crossing said...

So cute Myra!! I'm sure the whole series would look great together.

Hugs,
Tanya

Barb said...

I love Boris. He's a cat with an attitude!

Miss Pants said...

How cute!

April said...

I love it Myra!! I have it in my pile to stitch! Happy stitching!

Carol said...

Sounds like you had a perfect Sunday, Myra... I can smell that chuck roast from here--yummm!! And how cute is Boris!! Love how you've photographed him with all the dog treats, too!!

Enjoy your week, my friend...

Annette-California said...

You sound like you had a wonderful Sunday. Lovely finish. Congrats!
I am still looking at all the new releases. But its very exciting.
I'm looking forward to seeing your PS project. love Annette

cucki said...

aww so cute..sound like a lovely day x

Emma/Itzy said...

Great finish!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

oh il est sublime ! bisous

Charlene ♥ SC said...

I'm in love with too many to mention, but V&I is one of them. Isn't Boris a sweetie? Look forward to seeing your collage. I would think the Rosewood Manor Quaker pieces have the DMC conversions if you really love it.

Shirlee said...

Love that expression on Boris : )

Mindi said...

Boris is such a cutie, even with that sour expression on his face!

Karoline said...

Boris is very cute, congratulations

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Oh isn't he cute!