background

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Liberty Inn

Hello dear friends!  Were you glued to CNN Friday evening as I was?  I just couldn't turn it off.
Such a strange world in which we live. My heart goes out to those in Boston as well as those in Texas.

I thought it only fitting that I should get this little piece finished and up on the wall:


"Liberty Inn"
Chessie and Me
36 ct linen and silks as kitted

 
This design had a bit of everything...lots of tent stitch over one, rhodes stitch, satin stitch, and an eyelet door.  I really enjoyed stitching it and love how it looks hanging with along with my other 2 patriotic pieces.  Thanks again Chris!
 
I need to visit the dollar store to see if they have more of these little house frames again this year.  I only purchased 3 when they had them last year and they are really cute for these small patriotic samplers.  They are rather rustic looking as purchased but a coat of Briwax finishes them up quite nicely.
 
Thank you all for stopping by and reading my ramblings.  Wishing you all a fabulous week ahead!

23 comments:

Vickie said...

What a fantastic, fantastic piece! Love it! Love how you finished it.

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Love this design, Myra. The frame is just perfect for it. I totally understand your wanting to stitch a patriotic piece. Times like this remind us of how much we love our country.

Barb said...

Great piece. I really like it. Great job on it.

Kathy Ellen said...

"Liberty Inn" is just beautiful and I love the wonderful house frame that you chose for it. Just perfect!

Vera said...

Liberty Inn looks gorgeous Myra! Great finishing. And, as you say, how timely. Tis indeed a strange, strange world we live in. Hope your weekend has been fun:)

Barb said...

I love Liberty Inn. You just might have inspired me to stitch it. Great Job!

Ellen said...

Beautiful frame, just right for your gorgeous stitching! Love it!

Hugs,

Teresa S. said...

You are my kind of gal, Myra!
Shopping at the dollar store for frames, uh-huh, yep, sounds just like me :)

Faye said...

That design is just perfect for the darling Patriotic piece!,,, love that!!!! Let me know if out find more of those frames....

Miss Pants said...

That's a great piece! I can't believe that frame is from the dollar store. You do such a great job!

Carol said...

How cute that looks in the little house frame, Myra! I really love those Chessie & Me designs more and more--they are such fun to stitch with all of the specialty stitches. Hope you find more of those frames at the Dollar Store!

Shirlee said...

Great frame! I'll check our Dollar Store but I tried this a while back, checking for some wonderful wrapping paper that someone in PA found there. Here, nothing ... but who knows. Maybe I'll get lucky this time around : ) That design is cute but yikes! Specialty stitches! You're a better woman than I am, my friend : )

Crispy said...

That is really a cute piece!! Boy, I thought I knew about cross stitching but never heard of a tent or rhodes stitch. But then I've only done cross, half cross, back and satin LOL.

Crispy

Charlene ♥ SC said...

That's so sweet. Sometimes the simple things make the most impact!

cucki said...

aww it is looking so sweet x

valerie said...

Great finish Myra! Love the little house frame.

Chris said...

Fabulous!
You find the best frames :)

Mary said...

The stitching and the frame are just perfect together, Myra.
I think the Dollar Store has a few hidden treasures for our imaginative and creative sides. Your latest finish seems to have been made for that frame :)

I am also a Chessie and Me fan but haven't gotten around to getting this one into my "stash pile!"

Have a good week ahead

msmartello said...

So cute Myra! You seriously got those frames at the dollar store. They are adoreable. I am going to check my dollar store and see if we have them here.
maureen

Sally said...

Liberty Inn looks wonderful Myra!

Karoline said...

Lovely finish, congratulations

Catherine said...

Fab finish! Love it!!!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

OH Verry lovely


bisous my friend