background

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Spring Exchange

I participated in the Spring exchange on the Stitched With Love Exchange Blog.  It has been a while since I participated in an exchange and I was delighted with my exchange.  My partner was Lynda and although I nearly exhausted my feeble little brain trying to guess my partner, I didn't have a clue until the reveal that it was her.

Just take a look at the wonderful things that arrived in my mailbox:


 
I have admired this BBD design for quite some time on others blogs and almost jumped with joy when I saw that Lynda has chosen to stitch it for me.  Isn't the pillow finish with the lace just perfect?!  And look at the wonderful bag she included filled with a LHN pattern which I love, springy scissors, lovely fabric and flosses, flower seeds, and a gorgeous beaded fob.  (swoon)  Thank you so much Lynda - you spoiled me.  I have already started stitching the pattern and can't wait to get it made up into an ornament for my tree.
 
I stitched for Debbie in this exchange.  I chose to stitch another BBD pattern "Tulip House".  I decided to finish it as a wallhanging.



 
As you can see, I sent along a few goodies as well. 
 
A most delightful exchange all around I do believe.  The best part of an exchange in my opinion is "meeting" a couple of new friends while sharing our love of stitching.

24 comments:

Jodi S said...

Wow - your exchange pieces are beautiful. I love BBD! The wall hanging you created is really ingenious! That pillow finish you received was lovely - you lucky girl!

Shirlee said...

You received a beautiful exchange package & sent one as well! So glad the exchange was fun for you : )

Catherine said...

What a fabulous exchange!!! Well done!

Karen said...

Great exchange....I love that wall hanging. Love the colors... need to file this one away!

happy stitching...

Pam in IL said...

What a fun exchange! Beautiful pieces you received and gave!

Mary said...

Lynda's stitching is beautiful, Myra.
Her treats are so thoughtful.

I love your creative wall hanging. The colors and stitching are beautiful!

Lovely gifts both given and received~

It's always fun to meet new friends, especially if they stitch...you were among my first blog followers and I have never forgotten!

HUGS and Happy Spring to you, my friend

carol fun said...

WOW -- both of these BBD pieces are beautiful. I love the way both are finished - very clever. And all those extra goodies... it is like Christmas in April. Enjoy.

Barb said...

What a great exchange! Both the gift you received and the one you sent are lovely!!

cucki said...

Wow super cute goodies..
Big hugs x

Annette-California said...

Talk about a great exchange. Your pillow from Lynda is incredible. So pretty and yes the lace is gorgeous. Your Tulip House you stitched is perfect as a wallhanging. You made a beautiful gift too. love Annette

Lisa V said...

Beautiful pieces both sent and received Myra. I'm glad you enjoyed the round.

Chris said...

Beautiful exchanges both given and received! Love, love, love love both stitched pieces!!

Maggee said...

What a great exchange! The stitched BBD piece you received is so nicely done! And yours that you sent--magnifico! Would love to know where to get hangers like that, since I want to make a few wall hangings in lieu of framing. Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Miss Pants said...

How fun! What a beautiful finish. I love the hard shaped hanger you found or made.

Vickie said...

Oh yes, delightful indeed!

Kay said...

How wonderful, I love BBD and the pieces are both beautifully finished. Exchanges are such fun.

Crispy said...

WOW that really is a wonderful exchange!! Lynda's contribution was wonderful and I'm betting that Debby is grinnin' from ear to ear with her package too. I LOVE what you made her!!

Crispy

Andrea said...

The exchanges are beautiful. I love the use of lace in both of the pieces.

valerie said...

Great exchange Myra! Love how you finished your piece into a wall hanging. The fabric is a perfect compliment as is the hanger!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

What a beautiful exchange! Beautiful gift you got and beautiful wall hanging you made! I bet Debbie was thrilled!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

Absolument merveilleux que de belles choses !
bisous bisous

Keeper of the Crowes said...

How lucky you both are!!! It'a a fantastic exchange!!!

Carol said...

A lovely exchange on both sides, Myra!! The wallhanging you made for Debbie is so pretty and I see one of your lovely stitching wallets in your package of goodies, too--I'm sure she was thrilled :)

Karoline said...

Both of the exchanges are gorgeous, congratulations to both of you