background

Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Latest Bee...

...in my bonnet that is!  :o)

 
It seems I have been seeing clutch bags everywhere.   When I saw this design my first thought was that it would make a fabulous project pouch.  And it does.  But...I loved this purple fabric with the crows on it so much and it was just so darn cute I am thinking this one will become my new spring purse.  I even made a coin purse with the scraps I had left.  I only had a fat quarter of this fabric in my stash - who knows how old it is.  The bag is a good size, 10" at the hardware and about 12" at the bottom.  I even had a couple of blackbird charms to bling it up a bit.
 
I hope most of you are enjoying some lovely spring weather like we are having here.  It was in the 70's and 80's all week.  I sure could do without some of the pollen though I can tolerate it when it comes with beautiful days like this.
 
DH wasn't feeling well yesterday so I missed our Piedmont Heritage Sampler Guild meeting.  I have seen pictures and it looks like they had a wonderful day in Salisbury.  I missed you guys!  I worked a little bit cleaning out the garden space and my muscles are reminding me today that I need to do that sort of work more often.  (Ouch!)
 
Enjoy your Sunday my friends!  Thank you so much for your visits, comments, and friendship.
 

18 comments:

Vickie said...

ooOoo Myra! Great job! So unique and pretty.
We have had rain for a week straight with highs in the 30's only. =(

Shirlee said...

Beautiful clutch bag/project pouch & coin purse! Your sewing talent never ceases to amaze me, & what great fabric! So sorry to hear your husband wasn't feeling well. I hope he is better now.

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Oh my goodness, Myra. You did such an amazing job. They are darling. I especially love the fabric.

cucki said...

Wow so beautiful..super pretty x

Pat said...

Love the fabric. Great job.

Catherine said...

I do hope your dear husband is feeling better! I'm sure your friends missed you as much as you missed them.
That fabric is fabulous ~ you did a fantastic job on your clutch and coin purse!

Barb said...

What a lovely little bag!! I agree, the fabric is great. Hope your DH is doing much better.

Maggee said...

I am tardy in reading this, but pray that your husband is feeling well. You have made two beautiful projects! We have been having spring weather here also... one day it was 80, the rest have been mid-60's to mid-70's, which is nice. But I have to stay indoors as much as possible because of the pollen. Which I why I have an obsession about stitching spring pieces--if I can't be 'in' it, I can at least enjoy finished projects! They cheer me! Hugs!

Ellen said...

Beautiful clutch bag! Love that coin purse too!

Hugs,

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Great bags, Myra!! Hope your DH is feeling better.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

That's a lovely little clutch set, Myra. Great finishes as always! Hope all is well with DH.

Crispy said...

What a sweet little purse. I love the fabric!!

PLEASE send some of those temps my way. We had 17"s of snow yestersay with 3 foot drifts. Bob and I are sitting here groaning over our aching muscles LOL.

Crispy

Crispy said...

Oops, forgot to say that I hope your hubby is feeling much better soon!!

Crispy

butterfly said...

Lovely bag wow so much talent such a pretty colour.
Hope your DH is much better. hugs.

Chris said...

These are wonderful!

Sally said...

Oh wow, Myra, they are gorgeous!

Carol said...

Such an elegant clutch bag, Myra, and the matching coin purse is a perfect accent!

I do hope your husband is feeling better by now. Glad you were able to get outside and work in the garden--that is always a great feeling in the spring...

Patty C. said...

Great clutch & the coin purse is too cute !!