background

Thursday, May 16, 2013

It's A Brooch!

 
Hello friends and folk!  I certainly didn't intend for it to be 15 days before I announced a winner but we all know how that goes sometimes.  I just haven't had any time for blogging but I have been doing some "drive by" visits to see what you are all doing.  You are all so inspiring with your creations.
 
Sooooo, I was looking for "brooch" or "pin" in order to determine a winner and there were 4 of you who guessed correctly.  I wrote those 4 names on a slip of paper, placed them in a bowl and chose Catherine!  Congratulations!  Your queen bee brooch will be on it's way to you soon.
 
Here is the larger one I finished as a hanging ornament.  I have it hanging on the door to our DVD cabinet.  :o)

 
I came home from work one day last week to all sorts of moss and twigs on my front porch.  It seems a little wren was trying to build a nest but the wind kept blowing her new home away.  I thought I would be smart and place a birdhouse up there to help her along.  Imagine my surprise when I saw this the next day. 
Silly bird built a nest on top of the birdhouse!  At least this one hasn't blown away although I have yet to see the occupant if there is one.  We can't see this spot from our window and I am sure she takes flight as soon as we open the front door.   I might mention that Ziggy's food and water bowls sit on the porch just underneath.  Not a choice piece of real estate for birds at all.
 
Thank you for stopping by.  I hope you are enjoying some gorgeous spring weather filled with lots of fun, love, and laughter.

15 comments:

Barb said...

A cute little broach!! Birds do pick the darnedest places to build a nest! They built one in our hanging basket last year.

butterfly said...

Congrats to Catherine, the broach looks beautiful ,
How lovely a little nest.

Lois said...

Congrats to Catherine, what a pretty brooch!! Sweet nest but what an awkward place to build it!!!

Kay Eyles said...

Congrats to Catherine, it looks lovely.

Annette-California said...

Congrats to Catherine. Queen Bee looks beautiful as a brooch. Love your ornament too. Looks like you had some visitors try to build on your property:)
love Annette

cucki said...

Aww sweet brooch and the nest is so so cozy looking..I love it..
Hugs x

Catherine said...

Oh, Myra!! It's beautiful!! And I can't believe you picked my name!! Thank you so much!!
Too funny about the bird ~ we have nests on our front porch as well, but I do believe that is the first time I have ever seen a bird build on top of a birdhouse!!

Shirlee said...

Congratulations to Catherine! My husband & I laughed & laughed about that bird building it's nest on top of the birdhouse! They are such funny creatures : ) We have can lighting on our porch with no covering on it & the little wrens were trying to build their nests inside the cans last year!

Vera said...

Love the brooch Myra! And, congratulations Catherine. Silly birds. We have wrens nexting on our back patio (in a house) and a robin started to build a next (again -- they nested there last year) on the trellis our wysteria is on.

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

superbes photos
bisous

Mary said...

The brooch is beautiful, Myra.
Congratulations to Catherine. Every treat from you is special and I know she will enjoy it.

How funny is that nest? That mama found a good spot and was sticking with it!

HUGS

valerie said...

What a cute bee brooch! Congrats to Catherine! Birds make nests in the darndest places. I hope she can have a successful nest...or maybe she'll decide she wants the birdie mansion instead. :)

Vickie said...

Congratulations to Catherine! I just knew it would make a good brooch.

Maggee said...

And what a cute brooch it is! Nicely done on both projects! That was funny about the bird and the nesting adventures! ha! Hugs to you!

Carol said...

Ah--a brooch!! How cute and creative, Myra :) I know Catherine will love it...

Birds seem to be picking the oddest places for nests lately, don't they? I hope you actually get some babies in yours in spite of Ziggy patrolling the area :)

Enjoy your weekend--I plan on spending lots of time outside planting...