background

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Catching Up

Hello friends and folk!  I hope you are enjoying a lazy Sunday doing whatever your heart desires.  Thank you for your comments on my cardinal design shown on my last post.  I really appreciate you!

Not a lot has been happening other than work and trying to recover from work since my last post. 

We celebrated Mother's Day...
My boys gifted me with this gorgeous Origami Owl locket with charms.  There are birthstones for the boys DH and I, a mom charm (or a wow charm, depends on how you look at it), and my favorite - the wee cardinal. 
 
 
I enjoyed looking at the full moon...

It was so clear and bright.  My pic doesn't do it justice.  And...I might have howled at it just for fun.  a
 
I enjoyed a 3 day Memorial Day weekend and spent the last day organizing my fabric cabinet.
Here's the before:

 
What a mess!  Here's the after:

Much better!  Now I might actually be able to find something.

The highlight of the past few weeks was definitely lunch with Chris yesterday.  :o)  We went to The Table, a new restaurant in Asheboro.  It is housed in what used to be one of the old mill buildings.


 
Check out their chandelier - it is made from old milk bottles.

I had their homemade pimento cheese with applewood smoked bacon on sourdough bread.  Yum!  Here's a link to an article in the local newspaper announcing their opening if you care to have a look.
 
Chris and I then walked around a bit downtown.  It was a beautiful day made even better by spending time with a friend. 
 
I have a couple of things I hope to get finished today and it is about time to bring out my summer tree and trim it with my patriotic ornaments.  I can hardly believe June has arrived.  Time to get busy!
 
Thanks for stopping by!

19 comments:

Shirlee said...

What a beautiful locket! Your boys are keepers : ) I enjoy full moons a well. Great job straightening up your fabric cabinet! All my fabric resides in big plastic bins piled one on top of the other. It's really horrid to try to get at it when I need it. The Table looks like a great place! Sounds like you & Chris had a lovely day : ) Be sure to show photos of your patriotic tree. Okay ... I'll stop rambling now : )

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

Beautiful pictures my friend

bisous bisous from FRANCE

cucki said...

Super sweet photos ...and such a sweet post..
Love for you x

butterfly said...

Lovely photos, looks like you and Chris had a great day.

Cath said...

A gorgeous locket , what a great idea. xxx

Penny said...

That's a pretty locket! Looks like a lovely place to have lunch - love the chandelier!

Christina said...

I'm so jealous of your get-togethers with Chris - I'd love to join you! Your locket is so sweet, such a lovely idea for a gift.

Catherine said...

Like I commented on Chris' blog, I love reading of your get togethers! I love that chandelier too!! Oh my ~ that locket is awesome!!! So perfect for you!!!

Vera said...

Hi Myra! Gorgeous locket from your boys -- LOVE it! And, the cardinal is perfect, of course. So, next time I can worm my way down to NC, we will have to meet up at the Table with Chris & Leslie. BTW, we finally adopted a 5 month old kitten last week -- very handsome and vocal and now passed out from playing with catnip:)

Mary said...

Oh Myra, your boys are so thoughtful....the locket is beautiful filled with special momentos.

Looks like you had a great day and lunch with Chris. What a neat chandelier, too.

I'll be looking forward to your patriotic tree.....yep, it's hard to believe that it's already June.

Have a good week ahead.
HUGS

Ellen said...

The locket is gorgeous, love it!

The Tablet looks like a great place for lunch with friends ha ah!

Hugs,

Carol said...

Oh, how sweet of your boys to put together that lovely locket for you, Myra--and they even included a cardinal! Too cute :)

I just love the way your fabric cupboard is organized... Mine is stuck in drawers and is just not easy to paw through at all. Great job!

And what fun to meet up with Chris again--the restaurant looks great--especially that sourdough bread. I think I'd choose homemade bread above anything else to eat!

Hope June is a great month for you and your family...

Barb said...

It looks like you and Chris had a great day. Such a pretty Mom's Day gift!

Karoline said...

Lovely locket from your boys.
Great job on organising the fabric cabinet. Sounds like you & Chris had a lovely time

Chris said...

It was great to see you! The guys did a great job with your locket.
I can't wait to see what else you have worked on over the weekend.

Sally said...

Oh wow I love your locket! What a beautiful gift from your boys.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with Chris.

Vickie said...

Oh, such thoughtful boys!
Glad you and Chris had a great time.

msmartello said...

Hi Myra,
Such a sweet Mother's day gift.You are so lucky to have such sweet boys or should I say men in you life. Great job on your fabric cabinet. Want to come to New York and do mine. LOL!!
Maureen

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Myra,
Sorry that I have been absent from your blog lately but I am back. :)
Hope you had a lovely Mother's day.
Love the Mother's Day gift that your boys and hubby got for you. The photo of the moon is lovely and now your fabrics do look better organized! :)
I have some new art on my blog. Visit when you can.
Hugs