background

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Goodies

Hello friends!  It has finally stopped raining here and the sun is shining today.  The grass in my yard definitely needs cutting but the ground is so soggy I don't think that is going to happen for a few more days. 

The mail brought a wonderful surprise from Chris earlier this week. 
I was over the moon when I opened this.  Difficult to see in the photo but the black thing is the hornbook used for finishing.  I can hardly wait to get this finished and added to my patriotic wall.  Thanks again Chris!  I love it.
 
 The Piedmont Heritage Sampler Guild held their June meeting yesterday.  It was great to see everyone again.  The discussion topic was organization and some great ideas for storage were shared with the group.  We also had a "yard sale" of sorts and everyone cleared out their stash and brought along gently used charts and/or supplies.  All the proceeds are being put towards the teaching fee for a class we will have next June with Pam and Susan of Praiseworthy stitches.

Here is a picture of my loot.  :o)


The class being offered is comprised of  reproductions of 2 North Carolina samplers. (I hope I typed that correctly.)  The class is also open to non guild members so if any of you North/South Carolina ladies are interested shoot Chris or I am email for more information.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.

23 comments:

Vickie said...

It warms my heart Myra. The wonderful, close friendship you and Chris share. =)

Shirlee said...

Great loot Myra, & I would also be over the mood with Chris' gift! I immediately went searching for that Days of Liberty chart but came up empty. I'll have to drop her a line & ask her where she got it : )

Catherine said...

What a fabulous gift from Chris!! And your loot looks like a lot of fun too!! Enjoy it all ~ the lawn will be there another day, it's not going anywhere!

Jackie said...

The Chessie and Me piece is definitely an eye catcher. You can also never go wrong with a hornbook!

natalyK said...

Love the Chessie and Me piece. I also love the loot you picked up from your meeting. Can't wait to see what you create.

cucki said...

Such sweet gift from Chris ..
Have fun x

Penny said...

Chris sent you a lovely package! Looks like you came away with some great loot from the guild meeting too! :)

Lois said...

What lovely goodies from Chris and what nice new stash you came home with!

Barb said...

If you weren't so far away I would love to join the class. With you and Chris in the class, I bet it would be great!!

Ellen said...

Sweet gift from Chris, I love that hornbook!

Hugs,

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

beautiful gifts !
bisous my friend

Faye said...

Girl friend!!!! Chris totally hooked you up!!!! I love the black hornbook..... Ad the loot from the yard sale is a definite cha-Ching! Good eye..... Can't wait to see how you fill that beautiful 4 part frame...... Enjoy!

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Love the Chessie and Me piece. One arrive in my mailbox this week so I know how really great it is in person!Your yardsale finds are wonderful. Like Faye, I'm anxious to see what you do with the 4-part frame!

butterfly said...

You have a great friend in Chris , Your friendship and your love of stitching is lovely to see.
Enjoy your classes.

Mary said...

Oh, what a wonderful treat from Chris!
You have some nice loot from the yard sale. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the things transformed "Myra style."

Have a good week ahead....the grass can wait while you take time to enjoy your goodies :)

Karoline said...

Lovely gift from Chris & you got a good haul from the guild sale

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Great surprise and nifty loot! Choice pickin's.

Carol said...

Oh, I'll bet you can hardly wait to get started on Chris's gift, Myra!! How sweet of her...I just love Chessie & Me designs so much...

Nice to find some gently used charts and other goodies at the "yard sale"--now that sounds like my kind of sale :)

Chris said...

So glad that you like the kit. I just wanted to find a way to thank you for the wonderful finishing.
I hope that you are having a great week!
Hugs!

Maggee said...

Such lovely things from Chris! You shall be stitching patriotic soon, I see... I am too! Though a small quick thing, nothing like your Chessie pattern. What fun to meet with a Guild and have a 'yard' sale! Hugs!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Wonderful gift that Chris gifted you, Myra and you found some great, "new" stash, too!

Dani - tkdchick said...

You've gotten some great goodies!

Kaisievic said...

Lovely gift and your "yard sale" sounds like a great idea.