background

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Patriotic Progress

Hello friends!  I see that I have gained a few followers - welcome!  Thank you all for your visits and comments, they keep me smiling.  I am behind in visiting your places on the web but I hope to rectify that shortly.

I have been steadily stitching.  This is what I WAS stitching:
LHN "Liberty"

 
 And this is what made me put down "Liberty" mid stream :
Chessie & Me - "Days of Liberty"
I am loving every stitch in this one!  When I get bored with plain crosses there are satin stitches, over one, and Smyrna crosses to keep me entertained.  :o)  I hope to finish this one up this week just in time to hang on the wall for the 4th.
 
Last night, DH and I went to dinner at a new place to us called Steak Street.  The boys gifted DH with a certificate for Father's Day.  It was wonderful.  There was a live blues/jazz guitarist as well as delicious food and great service.  Here is our Voodoo Shrimp appetizer:

Very pretty and yummy too!  I was so busy watching the guitarist and enjoying my meal that I failed to take a picture of my steak - it was pretty and delicious as well.

Have a wonderful week!

23 comments:

Carol said...

Your newest patriotic pieces are wonderful, Myra!! I just love your Days of Liberty so, so much--Chessie & Me is my favorite designer these days. I'm working on a much smaller patriotic piece and just love all the specialty stitches in these designs :)

Sounds like a perfect Father's Day--you, your guys, some great food, and great music!

Enjoy your week, my friend :)

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous patriotic pieces - I can definitely see a 4th July theme happening on lots of blogs.

Ellen said...

Love your beautiful wips! Chessie & Me does have some gorgeous designs!

That appetizer looks very yummy indeed ha ha!

Hugs,

LAINEY said...

Two beautiful pieces Myra. Can;t wait to see more. Hugs!

Peggy Lee said...

Both pieces are gorgeous Myra! I like the different stitches in the second one. I am loving these patriotic pieces in lots of blogs lately.

Friendship Crossing said...

Love your pieces Myra. That first one has been 'staring' at me to start it for quite some time now.

Tanya

~*Sharee*~ said...

Beautful stitching hun; and the shrimp looks delicious..:) I love the Chessie & me design, if your interested in selling/trading it when your done let me know.. :)

Hugs, Shar

ssharlene0320@yahoo.com

Barb said...

I love both of your patriotic designs. That food looked yummy!!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

beautiful stitching,
bisous bisous my friend

Marilyn said...

Great Patriotic pieces!
The appetizer looks good too. lol
Marilyn

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching x

Chris said...

Looks like you and Jerry had a lovely night out.
Your stitching looks amazing. I am so glad that you are enjoying stitching the Chessie and me kit.

Shirlee said...

Wonderful patriotic pieces! As did join the Chessie & Me club & should be receiving my Days of Liberty soon : ) That shrimp looks SO good!

Vera said...

Days of Liberty looks fabulous Myra -- congratulations on a fine finish.

Jan Gartlan said...

Lovely stitching

Penny said...

Beautiful stitching! Love the little cat on Days of Liberty. Steak Street sounds like a wonderful place to eat - glad you and your husband enjoyed it. :)

Michele said...

I loved stitching Liberty .. your's is coming a long great!

Congrats on your finish of Days of Liberty .. very pretty!

butterfly said...

Beautiful stitching has always.
Food looks yummy.
You have won my giveaway so I have started to stitch something for you , are you at the same address ? hugs.

Catherine said...

Fantastic pieces, Myra!! Love that Chessie and Me! And that food ~ yummy!!

Marie said...

Nice patriotic designs and that dinner sure does look good!

Lois said...

Love your patriotic pieces Myra and yummy food too!

Mary said...

I love your patriotics, Myra. Yes, Chessie and me are among my favorites and one is in the finishing pile now.
Your dinner looks delicious. Great food, music and a night out with your DH....what more can you ask for?
(((HUGS)))

Andrea said...

Lovely stitching.