background

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Summer Heat

Hello friends!  Thank you all for your wonderful comments on my little fall pillow finishes.  Who knew a little quilt block could make such a difference?  I will definitely be using those in some of my future finishes.  After reviewing your comments, I decided not to add any trim.  Like you, I like them just the way they are.

Peach season opened at our local orchard yesterday.
 
DH and I braved the 90 degree heat and 100% humidity to pick our share of the bounty.  We emerged soaking wet with sweat and 1/2 bushel of these lovelies.  I plan to freeze some of them today but just had to enjoy a peach cobbler last night.  :o)
 
On the stitching front:


 
I finally found some of the new blue Ball jars and couldn't wait to do something with at least one of them. I wanted the quart size but have only been able to locate the pints thus far.  I used the free candle wrap design that Sandra shared on her Plain & Fancy Merchant Blog and chose a golden yellow DMC floss.  I didn't have any fresh flowers to use so I had to settle for these fake ones.  A simple raffia bow and voila!  A cute summer centerpiece. 
 
I hope you are all enjoying a relaxing Sunday.  I will leave you with a little message from Ziggy for your upcoming week.  :o)

22 comments:

Daffycat said...

Yay - Ziggy!

This weekend was the peach festival in Porter, OK. Our weather has been funny and a cool snap delayed the peaches...they brought in peaches fom Arkansas!

Julianne said...

Hi Myra,

I hope your peaches are as good as they look.

I just ate a peach and got a disappointment. It was mushy. I was reading that the refrigeration when they are transported makes them this way. I don't know if that is true but since you picked those beauties, yours should be safe from the mush monster.

Your jar is so cheery.

Jennifer M. said...

Yummy Peaches!

Love your stitching finish of the candle wrap. It goes so perfectly with those pretty flowers. :-)

butterfly said...

Love your blue glass jar and your lovely stitching how pretty.
Wow love the peaches I could eat them all still hot here

cucki said...

Aww I love the glass jar so much and your stitching is so sweet ❤
Yummy peaches :)
Big hugs x

Pat Matejcek said...

Your peaches look yummie!
I love what you did with the canning jars! Sandra's designs are just stunning! I love all her things she is so creative!

carol fun said...

I was trying to resist those blue Ball jars but after seeing your dressed up one I have to get some. Thanks for the inspiration.

Vickie said...

Very sweet centerpiece. Hi Ziggy!

Barb said...

Your little jar finish is so cute! The peaches look so good!

Ellen said...

Yummy peaches! Love your blue jar, you have a beautiful centrepiece!

Hugs,

Mouse said...

oooo those peaches look yummy ... how do you freeze them ???
cute jar too :) and the wee model is adorable :) love mouse xxxxx

Pam in IL said...

Oh, fresh peaches are my favorite! I wish I had an orchard nearby. Love the blue canning jars. I picked up some too, but I thought they only come in pint size. If you find quart size please share where you found them. Love the jar wrap too.

Simply Victoria said...

What a charming way to use and dress up the blue canning jar! If I ever get some extended time this summer to stitch, I would like to try that. Mostly I just use my jars for drinking glasses.

Annette-California said...

I Love how you decorated your blue jar and the piece you stitched for it. Beautiful! love Annette

Annette-California said...

I forgot to tell you our Micheal's has the quart blue jars. Maybe call your local store and ask if they have the quart size if you still are looking for them. love Annette

Chris said...

Did Ziggy try to get closer to those flowers? Binx would be rearranging them for me and chewing on them. The stitch band is very sweet!
The peaches look wonderful.
Have a great week!

Penny said...

I could smell and taste those peaches as soon as I saw the picture. :) That's a great idea for a summer centerpiece. And a wonderful suggestion from Ziggy. :)

Karoline said...

Love the jar, great idea

The peaches looked glorious

Carol said...

Oh, there is nothing like fresh picked peaches--enjoy all those beauties :)

Your blue jar is so fun with the yellow and white daisies and your pretty stitched band, Myra! I need to look for some of those blue jars myself :) Love Ziggy so much--aww....

Mary said...

The peaches look sooo good, Myra.
They have to be my most favorite summer fruit.
I love the candle wrap on your jar.
It adds a pretty touch to the blue jar and flowers you chose.

Hi, Ziggy....where have you been?

Marie said...

That cat picture is the best, it makes me smile.
Your peaches look delicious...I am so hungry for one.

Cute little ball jar design.

Shirlee said...

Oh, I love cobblers! Peach is my favorite : )