background

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Matilda

Hello friends!  I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend.  We had a glorious day here in NC - warm but not hot, low humidity, breeze blowing...just a wonderful day to be outside.  I have been battling a terrible sinus infection all week and today is the first day I have felt normal in over a week.

Do you have your copy of the JCS Halloween Special yet?  Did you know you can download it from their website?  When I learned I could download it my fingers couldn't click over there fast enough.  I saw this design on Lori's blog and knew it would be the first one I stitched.


"Matilda Hornbuckle"
Norforgotten Farm
from the JCS Halloween book
28 ct raw linen/DMC floss


 
I originally started stitching this 2 over 2 but didn't like how large it was going to be as I wanted to add it to my basket with the little fall pillows when the time comes.  So, I regrouped and stitched it 1 over 1.  It is very small.  Now I just have to decide on fabrics to finish it up.  The little quilt block on the other pillows was such a hit, I think I may incorporate another quilt block (or 3 or 4)into this finish.

I have been doing a bit of sewing.  See that button at the top of my blog? ------------>
I am participating in the "Pin It" pincushion blog hop.  My day will be the very 1st day, the 10th of September and I hope you will all come back to see what I made.  :o)

I am off to sit on the porch a little longer this evening and enjoy this weather while we have it.  I hope you have a wonderful week!

26 comments:

Annie said...

That is so adorable that I may have to break down and buy the issue!

MartyG said...

Super cute. I am doing Matilda over 2 on 32 count. I just love her.

Faye said...

It's just perfect ore one!!!!! And, I will definitely stay tuned for more about the pin cushion...... Good luck!

Keeper of the Crowes said...

This is one of my favorites, too. Love the over 1!

carol fun said...

This is so cute! I love it! I will definitely check out doing a download of the pattern. Hope you feel better this week. Happy stitching!

Barb said...

I love that one! Great stitching!

Annette-California said...

So cute and pretty at the same time:) Love how you stitched it one over one - wow! Beautiful job!
love Annette

butterfly said...

What a lovely design so cute love it , hugs.

cucki said...

Aww she is so sweet x

Mónica Silva said...

This is so beautiful! I love it! I'll definitely check it out by downloading the pattern. Can you indicate the link to do the download? I hope you feel better this week. Happy sewing!
My blog http://oesconderijodamonica28.blogspot.pt/
hugs:)

Chris said...

So glad that you are feeling better! This is so sweet!

Carol said...

Oh, she is so tiny and adorable, Myra! You know how much I like tiny!!

Didn't know you could download that issue--will have to check it out...

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Wonderful stitching, Myra! Can't wait to see your finished,a finish! Will definitely check back to see your pincushion"

Ellen said...

Great over 1 stitching, love it!

Can't wait to see your pincushion!

Hugs,

natalyK said...

Lovely Over 1! I can't wait to see your pillow finish!

Pam in IL said...

We've had some great weather too. Last night we sat around a campfire with some great friends. Love that little stitch! Thanks for the heads up on being able to download the JCS issue, I'll have to check that out.

Marie said...

i picked that issue up at my LNS. It is packed with great designs, none of which I have stitched yet!

Love your finish. I especially love over one stitching.

Mouse said...

glad to hear you are feeling better .. haven't got the mag yet ... we get it later over here ... and cute wee ornie :) and going to have a peep at your pin it :) love mouse xxxxxx

Karoline said...

Very cute, congratulations

Glad to hear you're feeling better

Lainey Main said...

Love this one Myra! I gotta go checkout that download now.
Glad to hear your feeling a little better. Happy Stitches.

Shirlee said...

Lovely stitching my friend : ) I'm a bit behind in my blog reading. I hope you will be enjoying this week as well! I think we may be getting rain but that's fine with me.

msmartello said...

I don't have my issue yet so i am going to head over to the website to get Lori's pattern. So cute! Hope you are feeling better!
Maureen

Catherine said...

So sweet! I'm sure you'll have a cute finish to show us!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

adorable !! bisous de FRANCE, marylin

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Matilda is too adorable! She's one of my favorites, too. Great job.

Maggee said...

Thanks for the tip about the online magazine--didn't know that! And I will be off to visit the 'Pin-It' pincushion blog hop. Sounds interesting!! Hugs!