background

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Gifts

Hello friends,
I write this post with warm feelings and so blessed to "know" each and every one of you.  As I watched the Pumpkins for Cathey posts go up through the day yesterday from all around the world I laughed, I cried, I prayed, and was just overcome with emotion.  As I know there is a higher power that guides us through this life, I also know there is great power in friendship and kindness.  I was so happy and proud to be able to witness this wonderful blogging event.

I want to share with you the kindness and generosity I experienced for my 50th birthday.

Christina sent me this wonderful wool ornament.  It came in the prettiest sparkly box that refused to let me take a decent photo.  She said when she saw it she thought of me.  :o)
 
Thank you Christina.  It will make such a lovely addition to my tree this year. 
(I hope you received my email.  :o)
 
A package arrived from Carol with this sweet Thanksgiving pillow.

 I don't thnk I have ever seen a cuter turkey in my life.  :o)  Carol knows I don't have many Thanksgiving pieces so this will definitely be on display front and center this year.  She also sent along some wonderful goodies including a gorgeous Christmas sampler, bookmark, and some of the rusty jingles that I love.

 
Carol, you have been a great friend from the very beginning and I thank you so much!
 
 
 Norma and I originally "met" on the web while participating in mixed media exchanges.  She is a fabulous mixed media artist and send me this wonderful canvas.
 
Norma and I share a love of anything bird related.  I just love the sentiment on this piece and it will serve as a reminder to me every day.  Thank you so much!
 
Then a package arrived from Shirlee.  I was so surprised because she had just been in the hospital for surgery and I couldn't believe she took time from her recovery to think of me.  She sent me a large cut of this fabric:

 
Was this fabric made for me or what?  I am always on the lookout for fabric with cardinals and usually only find large prints.  This one has a small repeat and I am excited to find something to make with it.  Thank you so much my friend.

A big thank you also to those of you who sent birthday wishes via email and I also received some lovely cards in the mail.  I have now decided that 50 ain't so bad after all.  :o)

Today I plan to attend the grand opening of a brand new quilt shop right here in my little town.  I am excited to see what they have to offer and so pleased to know I will have an option besides Hobby Lobby and Wal Mart for my local fabric purchases. 

I will leave you with a wish for a wonderful weekend and a couple of pictures of my Halloween tree.
Some of you may recognize your ornament being proudly displayed in my home.  
 
 Night view.  I added the orange lights this year.
Hugs to all of you!
Myra

25 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Yesterday's Pumpkins for Cathey was a wonderful thing! :)
And your sweet gifts for a Happy Birthday sent with love from all those wonderful people that care for you...what more could a girl ask for? :)
Your tree is cute as a button in light and at night !

Vickie said...

Whew! I shared the same emotions with you. Just Awesome is what I have to say about it!
Such lovely gifts for you Myra.

Maggee said...

I am still smiling as I think of all the love and affection posted for Cathey yesterday! It was awesome! Your birthday gifties are great--I know you will enjoy them! Hugs!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great birthday presents from everyone! And I love your Halloween tree - very festive :D

Catherine said...

I think many of us were all sharing the same emotions yesterday and still today!!
You have received some beautiful gifts! The orange lights are perfect for your Halloween tree!!

Andrea said...

You had some wonderful gifts. Love your Halloween tree and the orange lights ... very spooky!

Carol said...

Yesterday just reinforced my thoughts on the basic goodness of people--we have been so blessed to meet so many kind and generous stitching friends through our blogs, haven't we? I'm sure Cathey truly felt all the love and support pouring in from around the world.

So glad you liked my little Thanksgiving pillow, Myra--I really enjoyed stitching it for you :) And what lovely gifts from Christina, Norma, and Shirlee. I think your love of cardinals is legendary by now!!

Love the Halloween tree--it is really filling up nicely! Enjoy your weekend, my friend!

Simply Victoria said...

The blogging world of stitchers is a very dear one indeed! Your birthday gifts are perfect for you.

Jan said...

What great gifties!------For a great gal! Happy Birthday!

Ellen said...

Happy Birthday! You have some wonderful gifts!

Love your Halloween Tree, that orange light is great at night!

Hugs,

Barb said...

All this just proves what nice people the bloggers are!What a cute little tree!

Lumiruusu said...

Hello Myra !
I just found Your blog via Marys one and become a follower :)
You have done somuch lovely stitching and Your little black cat who follows You is so cute.I have two Norwegian Forestcats -they both are in my company in every second of the day !


Excuse me my funny english and the bad grammar,
Maija from Finland

Annette-California said...

It was an amazing day yesterday with Pumpkins for Cathey, and I agree emotional too. You received Beautiful special gifts for your Birthday - Happy Birthday again to you:) The mixed media piece is so pretty. Love your Halloween tree.
love Annette

butterfly said...

Beautiful gifts for a beautiful person, hugs.

cucki said...

Aww such sweet gifts for a sweet friend
Pretty tree too
Hugs x

Brigitte said...

These are wonderful birthday gifts, Myra. I also love the cardinal fabric because I'm very fond of cardinals and birds in general.
Happy belated birthday! And enjoy all your gifts.

Shirlee said...

Lovely gifts my dear friend! Looking forward to hearing about the new quilt shop!

Christina said...

I'm so pleased you like the little 'fella' that I sent Myra. I will get around to replying to your email - it's been a hectic weekend - I hosted my own baby shower! :0)
Pumpkins for Cathey really touched me. Especially when I clicked on Cathey's blog and I saw all the blogs on her read-list had the same title.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Well happy birthday. I am just getting back on my feet. I will be stitching again. Your blog always brings a smile to my face.

Karen said...

What wonderful goodies. Your Halloween tree looks great too with the lights!

happy stitching....

Chris said...

What wonderful birthday surprises! All so lovely. Your Halloween tree looks great! So many great ornaments.

Mary said...

Pumpkins for Cathey was a special as our blogging community is.
You received beautiful birthday gifts, Myra.
I love the halloween tree with the orange lights and all of the stitching.
I agree,50 isn't bad at all....I've known for a few years ;)

((HUGS))

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hope you had a marvelous birthday my dear friend! Love all the gifts that you received. Your Halloween tree is lovely.
Hugs

Anne said...

I too had a bit of a cry seeing all the posts for Cathey. Such lovely gifts from your friends Myra. The felted bird is very unique and pretty. Love the turkey pillow :D Norma's canvas is amazing. I'm surprised too that Shirlee managed to something! Very sweet fabric!

Miss Pants said...

What a fun Halloween tree! I should get started on some ornaments...Halloween and Christmas.