background

Sunday, September 8, 2013

I Shouldn't Have

So I was stitching along, minding my own business, making good progress on this:

 
Trying to stitch faster so I can work on more projects from this:

 
While munching on a big stack of these:


(The Pioneer Woman Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookies)

And then...I saw this
 
 
 
was available for download here.
 
And all I can think of now is this
 
 
What a great issue!  At least as far as my tastes go. 
 
 
 
Usually I see about 6 or 8 ornaments in these special issues that I want to stitch which is still a value when you consider the price of the magazine vs the price of single patterns.  This morning I printed off 14 designs that I will stitch and there are 4 more on the maybe list.  This is in addition to the 3 or 4 designs I have on my wish list from the recent market.
There is no hope for me is there?

So this afternoon after I finish grilling up the hamburgers and hot dogs I will be firmly ensconsed in my happy chair for about 4 hours cheering for these guys


and stitching as fast as I can!

P.S. The pincushion blog hop starts Tuesday.  I hope you will stop by to see what I have created.  :o)
Here is the full schedule:

September 10

 

 

 

 
September 16
The Stitchin' Post

18 comments:

Jennifer M. said...

Ooohhh..I didn't know the issue was available for download? Thanks for sharing that.

Enjoy your Sunday of stitching and football.

Have fun with the blog hop. I've done two of them with Madam Samm. She's such a sweet lady. :-)

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

Beautiful stitching

bisous from FRANCE

Vickie said...

ooOoo! Goodie! Goodie! I get the subscription, can't wait! No really, I can't!! Even though I have too many lined up right now. ;)

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful progress on your crow! :D My mom's from North Carolina, and my husband is obsessed with football, so we settled in to watch the game too last night. I think they did well, considering! It was a tough game.

Shirlee said...

You know that Christmas is at the forefront of my thoughts lately too : ) Nice job on your WIP ... will you be setting it aside for a while while you stitch ornaments? Thanks for posting the pincushion blog hop ... I look forward to visiting them all!

cucki said...

Aww such sweet stitching..I love it...
Enjoy your week..
Big hugs x

Carol said...

Oh, I do love your newest WIP, Myra! It is so nice with that white pumpkin...And those cookies look mighty good, too :)

Haven't bought the JCS ornament issue for this year, but it's good to know there are some great ornaments in it! Looking forward to seeing what you stitch first...

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Your stitching is fabulous, Myra! I really love that pattern. That plate of cookies looks wonderful and I agree, the cost of the magazine is well worth it!

CalamityJr said...

Oh, boy! I can't wait until you starting showing your beautiful finishes!

Christina said...

No hope at all Myra! ;0) x

Pam in IL said...

Lovin this whole enabling post -- and now I'm even more behind, lol! Thanks for sharing!

Barb said...

Now you make me think I need to get that magazine!! Each year I do a Halloween design for my Grandson so I'm thinking my new little Granddaughter will get a Christmas ornament each year. I so love the Halloween design you are stitching on right now.

Penny said...

Glad to know the issue can be downloaded. :) Love your current project! And I don't think you are the only one that is without hope. :)

Chris said...

Wonderful update Myra. I love this design, the colors, everything about it.
That is quite a stack of ornaments to stich, I know that you will knock them out.
The cookies look amazing.
I hope that you have a great week!!

Michele said...

oh my, I didn't know you were a Panther fan ... was an interesting game, wasn't it!

SewAmy said...

Your post made me giggle! So cute. I can't wait till the Christmas issue comes out on stands....it's like eye candy. Happy Stitching!! Love the Halloween one you're working on right now.

Catherine said...

Oohhhh.....you are busy, busy!!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I love Beggar's Night by Nan. Totally stunning Myra!
and I agree...I'm thinking a lot about all the ornaments in the magazine too :)