background

Monday, September 30, 2013

Who knew?

Were you aware that when you celebrate your 50th birthday and it is near Halloween you are given an official witch name and begin to receive mail in that name????  Neither did I but it's true.

Just look.........................
 
Almira....I like it!  Has a nice rhythm to it doncha think?
So here I was, quite certain this envelope contained my official broom flying license.  I was already thinking of polishing up the old Nimbus 3000, grabbing Ziggy and going for a quick spin around the neighborhood.


 
 
 
So I opened the envelope and found this:
 
 
 
AARRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!
 

 
I'll get you AARP!

20 comments:

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

That is so funny!
Hugs

Catherine said...

Lol!!! Go get em'!!!

valerie said...

Too funny! :)

Jozzie said...

Too funny! BUT...don't worry about a thing, I passed the 50 mark 15 1/2 years ago and still keep that old broom flying!

(((((((((hugs)))))))))))
Linda (Jozzie)

Barb said...

Myra, Have an awesome broom flight!

Christina said...

That's a fabulous name! My sister is Hazel Raffle but once got mail for 'Heather Truffle'!! We've never let her forget it!

Marilyn said...

Hee-Hee!
That was funny.
Marilyn

Chris said...

Funny girl!

Lois said...

Go get em!!!!!

moosecraft said...

lol! Too cute!

Shirlee said...

Lol! As soon as you turn 50, AARP comes out of the woodwork & haunts you forever more! Of course they never put their ID on their envelopes so you take the time to open them, wondering who is sending something to you, & there they are ... again & again & again. There should be a way to get off their mailing list. I wish I knew what it was!

Terri said...

There IS a way to get off their mailing list, but you have to call them and have the latest envelope that they have sent you. I've been getting them for a couple years now too, and I still haven't called them!

Loved your story! Now where's my broom? .... :-)

cucki said...

lol..so cute x

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

LOL!! I like the new name. I think you should roll with it. :)

Faye said...

Arrrrrrr~ they'll get you, my pretty!!!!!!! Aaaaahhhhhhhh !

From, the good witch of the East. :-)

Pam in IL said...

LOL!

Carol said...

Ha ha!! Love this post, Almira (oops, I mean, Myra! :)

Maggee said...

Too funny! Some things cannot be explained! Hugs!

Sally said...

Love your new name! lol!

msmartello said...

LOL!!! That is the funniest thing I have ever heard!