background

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Stitching and Stuff

Hello friends and folk!  It has been a beautiful fall week here in NC.  The leaves are turning and falling (much to my dismay...I do not like raking leaves) and there is a nip in the air. 

I have managed to keep up with Paulette's Mystery Sampler:


The bible in this picture belonged to my mother.  It was given to her by my grandmother in 1943. Wow!  That means it is at least 70 years old.

 
 And for whatever reason, my mother had this guy hiding within the pages. He was taped to something once as he still has his sticky feet!  I seem to remember Mom having these Santas taped on the doors when I was a kid.


 When Nan of  Threadwork Primitives announced her new winter design, I didn't waste any time ordering it and getting started.  Here's my progress thus far:
 
I went to DogFest last Sunday and picked up a Halloween bandanna for Lola.  Isn't this fabric fabulous?  It slides right onto her collar.  (DogFest is a yearly festival held in Level Cross, NC where everyone brings their dogs and they have vendors, games, exhibitions, etc.)

I tried for 15 minutes to get her to pose for a picture.  This is what I got instead:

Bark, bark, barkity, bark at mom and the camera!
 
My birthday order  arrived from Needlecraft Corner. 
 
 
I have decided Snow Angel will be my New Year's start so I purchased the complete kit.  I picked up the new DMC colors as well as Tree of Life Samplings newest sampler.  I love the colors in this one.

 
There were also quite a few skeins of Gentle Arts floss but I put that all away before I thought to take a picture.
 
That's all for now my friends.  I hope you managed to cross an X or two this weekend.
Have a great week!
 


22 comments:

Jackie said...

Lola is adorable! I love the pic of her "talking" to you!

I've been drooling a bit over Snow Angel myself. Did you get the wooden box to go with it? Gorgeous project! I just ordered the final supplies for my New Years start as well. I want to get that all in before the craziness of the holidays begins.

Ellen said...

Beautiful progress on Mary's sampler! I have the fabric n threads and hope to start soon.

Love your new stash especially the Snow Angel!

Hi Lola, cute pose!

Hugs,

Barb said...

You are a jump ahead of me on Mary's sampler. That vintage Santa is so cute but not as cute as Lola. Great stash!

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

Love the new stash especially the Tree of Life Samplings design, look forward to watching your Threadwork Primitives design come to life too another great designer - Cute dog!

Simply Victoria said...

Fun new stash. I like to order from Needlecraft cCrner too. Drema is great!

Miss Pants said...

Oooh! I just got Snow Angel in the mail the other day too! Maybe when I stitch it, you can finish it for me?

Love the vintage Santa. And the doggy bandana. We have some for Asta that we got at Art in the Arboretum one year.

Sue said...

What fabric are you stitching Mary's Sampler on?

butterfly said...

Lovely new stash, love the photo of your dog how cute.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great stash! Lovely progress on your stitching, too. :D

cucki said...

Aww sweet new stash...
Your dog Is so cute...pretty stitches..
Big hugs x

Vickie said...

hahaha! Lola is funny. We had that same kitty toy for our Mac. ;)
Wonderful new projects you have purchased. I got Mary's Sampler done too. I am enjoying it.

Shirlee said...

Great progress on Mary : ) Isn't that Snow Angel fabulous? I hadn't seen that Threadwork Primitives design until this past weekend & I ordered it lickity-split : ) What a treasure to have your mother's old Bible! How funny finding she had stuck that Santa in there : ) Have a great week my friend!

Carol said...

Love your new stash, Myra! The first time I saw Snow Angel, I thought of you and tried to buy it for you for your birthday, but the shop didn't have it in stock yet! It was just so you with the cardinals, dog, and little footprints in the snow.

Lola looks all set for the big day! What a cute idea and I love your progress on Mary's Sampler and the Wintertime piece--just beautiful :)

Such a treasure from your mom--and what lovely handwriting in the inscription. Why is it that people had such beautiful penmanship in the old days?

Christine said...

Oh that is a very special Bible! So wonderful that you have it.
Have a great week stitching when you can,
Christine

Maggee said...

Was Lola happy or upset? Hard to tell! Great stash haul! I have barely started Mary's Sampler... didn't like how it was looking, so will rip it out and start again...eventually... Hugs!

Karoline said...

Mary's sampler & Wintertime are looking lovely.

Lola is very cute & you got some great stash

msmartello said...

Hi Myra,
That picture of Lola is hilarious!! I am also keeping up with the sampler and love every minute of it. I look forward to Sunday to see what the new one will be. I will show mine soon. I am doing Mary's Sampler 1.Can't wait to purchase my wintertime too. Yours looks fabulous. I seem to want to stitch everything your stitching. HMMM!!!

Take care
Maureen

Mary said...

Wonderful new additions to your stash, Myra. The new DMC colors are bright and happy.
I'm in love with Snow Angel, too. What a great start for the New Year!

Your Mom's bible is a treasure.

Lola is a riot! Rosie doesn't like the camera either....but then again hates the ironing board and vacuum, too.

Have a good week ahead my friend :)

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Love your new stash - that angel was one that drew my attention first from the new unveilings. Those new colors look bright! Is Lola singing for you?

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

HI Myra,
What a lovely treasure to have that bible that belonged to your Grandmother and then your Mom. Love that she liked Santa's like me. :)
Oh Lola's picture is a Hoot and I love her Halloween bandana.
The stitchery lovely start.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

I saw the cute candy corn mug mat/caster you sent to a fellow stitcher. It is so adorable! Is there a pattern for it or did you purchase it somewhere? I would love to sew some for my fellow teachers at work. kathrynpic@hotmail.com

Catherine said...

Lola is so adorable! Love how she is talking to you! Love your treasured Bible and the Santa that was inside. Great stitching goodies as well!