background

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Shall We Play A Game?

Hello friends and visitors!  I hope you enjoyed a restful Sunday.  I have been under the weather so just spent today doing nothing.  Work has been busy and there have been a couple of people sick so that has made it a bit tougher for those of us who have managed to stay well. 

I got another bee in my bonnet a couple of weeks ago and those of you who have been reading here for a while know how that goes with me.  Here is the beginning of my experiment:


Can you guess what these are supposed to be?
 
?
?
?
?
?
 
Maybe this will help.
 


Yep, I am trying to sew a snowman with a round head.  If you scroll back up to the photo, from left to right...the first attempt looked like E.T.'s head.  I made two of those.  The third attempt was a pumpkin.  Number four would make a good Humpty Dumpty body.  The fifth try was finally successful.  I am glad I used cheap muslin and kept trying until I got it right.  This is just the first part of my experiment.  I will be sure to share pictures of the finished product when and if I manage to figure it out.  :o)

I have managed to keep up with Paulette's mystery sampler each week.  I won't show a picture because mine probably looks just like yours.  :o)  The weeks have sure gone by quickly and I can't believe it will finish up next weekend.  I have been stitching something else in between the mystery sampler installments.  Can you guess what it is?

I have a winner!  Mary correctly guessed that I am stitching "Peace" by Blackbird Designs from this years JCS ornament issue.  Congratulations Mary!

 
I haven't had a giveaway in a while so let's have one.  The first person who correctly guesses what I am stitching will win a package of goodies from me.  You must include the name of the design as well as the designer.  I don't know yet what the package will contain but it will definitely contain a handmade item.  (Bonus points if you can tell me the movie the title of this post is from.  No googleing!  LOL)
 
I will leave you with a picture of my sewing assistant.  DH was outside raking leaves so she had to make sure it was being done correctly.  :o)

 
Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful week!

15 comments:

Barb said...

I think you finally have that snowman's head ! I have no idea about the new project, that is probably fair as I won the wonderful Halloween basket. I do hope you stay well now!

Karen said...

Practice makes perfect! Other than a house :) I have no idea what you are stitching.

You title reminds me of the game with Matthew Broderick ...War Games maybe but I don't think that was the exact line from that movie.

Oh well.....happy sewing!

Pam in IL said...

I like the snowman head so far. My guess is that you're stitching a Christmas ornament with a house on it, lol. There are too many similar designs with houses, so I can't guess which design and designer :( It's a nice looking house though.

butterfly said...

Sorry you have not been feeling well Myra hope you will be beeter soon.
I bet your snowmen will look wonderful. hugs.

cucki said...

Aww I am sure they will be so sweet snowman :)
Hope you feel better soon dear
Big hugs x

Chris said...

Oh Snowmen :) The think about snowmen they are all different shapes. I think that you are stitching a LHN ornament from the JCS issue.
Have a great week!

Vickie said...

Can't wait to see that snowman, I know you'll get it done! ;)

Jane said...

Looking forward to seeing the end result of your 'experiment', if his wonderful hat is anything to go by then it's going to worth the wait!
Hope you are feeling better now Myra, not much fun feeling low this time of year.
Like everyone else I can see it's a cute house you're stitching, which one it is will be a nice surprise when you've finished building it and we can all move in!!!
Have a good week xxx

msmartello said...

Can't wait to see your finished snowman. Can't figure out what you are stitching but Karen is right, it is from the movie War Games.

Take Care

Maureen

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great snowman head attempts! Can't wait to see the finished product. I have no idea what you're stitching, but it looks lovely so far. :D

Catherine said...

Love your snowman!! Sweet stitches too, but sadly, I have no idea what you are stitching!

Mary said...

Your snowman is going to be adorable, Myra! I applaud your persistence.
I also am stitching Mary's Sampler and love it. I can't wait to see the final piece!

Since I finally "put Halloween to rest", Christmas has been in my stitching basket.

I'm taking a wild guess on the mystery stitching...any chance it's Peace by BBD?

Have a good weekend ahead.
I'm sure your "faithful assistant" will give a nod of approval to your snowmen :)

Sally said...

Hope you are feeling better soon Myra.

Hmmm I have no idea what you are stitching as, as someone else said, there are so many with houses on! lol!

Can't wait to see your snowmen. I just love snowmen!

Very cute faithful assistant!

Kaisievic said...

Well, you are certainly getting there with the snowmen now!

Stitchinowl said...

I have no idea that you are stitching, but I do think the title of your post is from the movie "War Games".
Carolyn