background

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Busy, busy, busy

Hello friends!  It is such a busy time of year, isn't it?  I am enjoying all the hustle and bustle but I find myself looking forward to the quiet downtime that comes with January.

This past weekend was a fun one.  The Piedmont Heritage Sampler Guild had our Christmas meeting on Saturday which consisted of a wonderful breakfast followed by a freebie chart exchange.  Thank you Elizabeth for being our hostess with the mostest and welcoming us into your lovely home.  Chris took wonderful photos so please head over to our blog and have a look.

On Sunday, I met Chris for breakfast and to give her a few little Christmas gifts.  Here is what I made her:
 
A dear friend had gifted me with 2 of these old mill spools and I had been saving them just waiting for the perfect use for them.  You may remember my post trying to obtain the perfect round sewn snowman head.  Well, this is where that head rests now.  :o)

 
I added a few little details such as these rusty jinglers, holly leaves, and candy cane twine.

 
And you just can't have a snowman without a cardinal friend.  :o)

 
He is grunged up a bit with coffee and tea and sports a fabulous carrot nose!
I am happy to say Chris likes him and I had so much fun creating him for her.
I plan to make another one for myself but that will have to wait until after Christmas.
 
Chris spoiled me with these:
 
 
A wonderful ornament made by a local potter and this cute Chessie and Me kit.  She also gave me the next installment in the Seasons of Chessie - winter, a yummy smelling bar of soap, and some delicious chocolate but I totally forgot to get a picture of it.
Thank you so much Chris I just love everything!
 
I'll be back soon to share some pictures of another gift or two that I received from some special friends.  I feel so blessed!
 
Have a great rest of the week and don't forget to slow down and enjoy the season.

21 comments:

Barb said...

Your snowman is absolutely adorable! Plus very nice gifts from Chris. I saw her blog and it looked like a fun gathering!

Lumiruusu said...

Hello Myra and than You for commenting post with pictures of my dear pets-they are allways next to me while I am stitching.

Your Snowman Instalment looks awesome I really admire your sewing skils and the cardinal makes Snowman happy-Who wants to be without a little animal friend !? :)

You have get lovely gift too-lets enjoy the christmas Season!

Mary said...

You are one talented lady, Myra!
The snowman is adorable!
It sounds as if you had a wonderful day with your friends and as always, your treats from Chris are lovely.

I'm hustling and bustling here. Christmas has come so soon this year, hasn't it?

Jan Gartlan said...

Wow, your snowman is so cute

Marilyn said...

That is one cute Snowman!
Great pieces you received also.
Marry Christmas to you!
Marilyn

Shirlee said...

Lovely gifts both ways : )

moosecraft said...

That Snowman is wonderful! Love the cardinal as a finishing touch! The pottery and Chessie kit are great gifts to receive too!

Christine said...

I love how your snowman head turned out!
And the gifts you received are so pretty!
Have a wonderful Christmas,
Christine

Berit said...

Looking good! And, how fabulous is that Christmas Chessie n Me?! Too cute, and a little chic, too!

:D

msmartello said...

Very cute snowman! The head looks perfect. You did a great job.

Maureen

Pam in IL said...

Your snowman is adorable! Chris gave you some great gifts too.

Merry Christmas!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Such a great snowman! You did a wonderful job with his lovely round head. :D I like the gifts you got too - enjoy!

Vickie said...

Wonderful gift Myra. And Chris spoiled you yet again. ;)

Andrea said...

Your snowman is just wonderful, you are so clever. Lovely gifts too.

Catherine said...

I saw your snowman on Chris' blog ~ he is adorable!! What sweet gifts from Chris too! Have a Merry Christmas!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

That is the sweetest snowman ever! I love it!!! Those Chessie kits are cute as buttons. LOVE the potter's ornament. Myra, I hear ya on a little down time in January ;)
It is my sincere wish that you have an absolute merriest Christmas of them all!

Chris said...

Thank you Myra for my fabulous snowman! He is so wonderful!
What a great holiday weekend!
Merry Christmas :)

Cindy's Stitching said...

oh what fun. So nice you can meet up with chris.

Brigitte said...

This snowman is fantastic. And with a cardinal on his hat, of course, lol.

Carol said...

Oh, Myra--you come up with the cutest ideas! I'm sure Chris is thrilled with her snowman on the spool... How lucky you are to live near eachother :)

Maggee said...

That's a really cute snowman! Nicely done! I don't see a kitty cat in that Chessie kit... ? I thought that was an every-chart thing? Merry Christmas!