background

Friday, December 13, 2013

Cardinals!

Those of you who have read my blog for any length of time know of my affinity for cardinals.  What can I say?  I love them. 

This week dear, sweet Shirlee surprised me with not one...not two...but three pieces of lovely cardinalness.  (<---- a="" is="" p="" too="" word="">
 
Isn't this ornament just perfect?  I love the little pinecone and greenery at the top and the rick rack looks like an icing made of snow. 

 
As if that wasn't enough she also sent me Just Nan's Cardinal Tweet kit and 5 pieces of fabric for finishing.  I feel like Santa has already arrived.  :o)  Thanks again Shirlee and my sincere thanks also to that extra special helper you have.  ;o)
 
Our Sampler Guild is having our Christmas breakfast tomorrow.  Should be fun!
 
Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful weekend!
 

22 comments:

Ellen said...

Enjoy your wonderful gifts!

Hugs,

Pam in IL said...

What wonderful gifts! I love Cardinals as well.

Robin said...

What a fabulous cardinal ornament to receive along with the rest of the goodies!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Robin in Virginia

Beth said...

Wonderful gifts. No cardinals in Oregon. I am envious.

Barb said...

A lovely ornament and a very thoughtful gift.

Brigitte said...

Oh wonderful, this little cardinal ornament. I also love cardinals although I have never seen one in real life.
Enjoy your great gifts.

Marilyn said...

Very pretty ornament.
What a great stash of goodies.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Absolutely perfect!! The ornament is very special.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful presents! That ornament is gorgeous. Enjoy! :D

Lumiruusu said...

I like Cardinal -they so pretty and colourful.We do not have them here in Finland but we have lots of red Bullfinches instead :)
What a perfect gift you have get!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

WOW! That is gorgeous! :) and a perfect design for you!

Nataly K said...

Lovely gifts!! Any idea who the designer is on that cardinal ornament. I just LOVE it!

Mary said...

Such a special and pretty gift for you, Myra

Catherine said...

Oh gosh, Myra ~ I know you must be tickled red (cardinal red) with the goodies from Shirlee!! Perfect for you!

msmartello said...

Beautiful gifts!

butterfly said...

Oh Myra , love your gifts from Shrilee what a kind person she is. hugs.

Eva patch said...

Beautiful grifts !!! good for you.

Andrea said...

Wonderful gifts.

Cindy's Stitching said...

how pretty. I have stitched this piece before myself.

Anne said...

It is perfect Myra!! I love her finish and the cardinals are just so darling. You both do wonderful finishing!! Merry Christmas!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Yes, a perfect gift just for you! Happy that you received it.

Margaret said...

Wonderful gifts! Love looking through your blog as well. I always love to see the finishing you do for Chris. :D