background

Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Best Laid Plans....

Well friends, when I last posted I had planned to post some pictures of my tree and decorations before Christmas.  Well.....that didn't happen, did it? 

On Christmas Eve Eve we discovered a large lump on Lola's leg.  So I took her to work with me on Christmas Eve and surgery was scheduled for the day after Christmas.  She is almost 11 years old so the thought of putting her under anesthesia scared me.  On Christmas day DS tells me he thinks he felt a lump on Glitter's shoulder.  Sure enough, she also has a lump.  The day after Christmas, when I was supposed to be enjoying a quiet day of vacation at home, I load up both pets and take them to work with me.

Thankfully Glitter's lump was just an abscess caused by who knows what since she is always inside.  She had the abscess drained and an antibiotic and pain injection and all is now well with her.  Lola had surgery to remove her lump and it has been sent to the lab to determine exactly what it is.  I lost a Great Dane to cancer and I am hoping and praying Lola's isn't cancerous.  She is recovering with a bandage on her leg and her incision looks great. 

Christmas here was great even though I was a little stressed out about the furbabies.  I did manage to get some pictures of my little primitive tree.

 
I had hoped to have more stitched ornaments on it this year but alas, this is the only one.  I did manage to fill it with some other things....

 
Rusty stars

 
and snowflakes.

 
Tin cardinals I picked up at Wal-Mart after Christmas last year.

 
Cinnamon applesauce ornaments I made just a few days before Christmas.  These smell so good!

 
I finished it off with a homespun skirt and my wooden bowl with the icicle snowmen.  Doesn't Shirlee's gift from last year look great underneath it?

 
I just love the way it looks and may leave it up for a while after Christmas since it isn't so very Christmassy.
 
I used a Groupon a few weeks ago with Staples and look what arrived today:


 
I scanned my Carolina sampler and had these mugs and ornament made.  I just love them.
Merry Christmas to me!  :o)
 
And look what Santa brought Lola:

 
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this cardinal dog toy!  Like mother like doghter, right?  LOL
 
Thank you for the wonderful comments and your continued visits.  I really appreciate YOU!

29 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

I hope your dogs are well! That is so worrying!

Robin said...

Myra, I love your little tree. Care to share the directions for you cinnamon ornaments?

Hope both of your furbabies are on the road to good health.

Enjoy your weekend!

Robin in Virginia

Cindy's Stitching said...

The tree looks great. I made the apple cinnamon ornaments with my kids about 15 years ago. They do smell good. You received really pretty gifts. I like the mugs, good idea. I hope the furbabies are fine. Have a happy new year.

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Fingers crossed for good results for Lola. Love your tree and your stitched ornament is wonderful! I'll bet you'll have more on it next year! Love the cinnamon ornaments! Happy New Year!

Barb said...

I sure hope both pets turn out to be OK. I am from a animal loving family(I have none due to nasty allergy)but I know how much love we give to our pets. I think your tree looks great!!

robindefender said...

HOpe everything goes well with your furbaby!

Karen said...

Hope everything is good with your pup. Love your tree too... so cute. I really need to make some of the applesauce ornaments.

happy stitching in the new year...

barbara said...

Love your ornaments!!

Best wishes for full & speedy canine recovery!

Jennifer M. said...

Lovely tree! I sure hope the furbabies continue to recover and don't have any serious issues. :-)

Deborah said...

I hope Lola's tests come back ok. Our fur kids are so important to us. Beautiful tree.

Annette-California said...

Your tree is beautiful! I am leaving mine up for awhile also, good idea. Glad to hear your furbabies are recovering and hope the test comes back negitive. Beautiful ornaments you stitched. Okay I am in awe of how you got your sampler photoed and on the mugs. What size did you have to use for the photo?
love Annette

Brigitte said...

Your little tree looks awsome with all the different kinds of ornaments. And what a great idea to have parts of a stitched sampler scanned on mugs and ornaments. So creative.
I hope your furbabies will be fine again soon.
Wishing you a great stitchy 2014!

butterfly said...

Oh poor furbabies hope all is well now , Love your mugs and your tree, Happy New Year.

Mouse said...

awwww hope the furbabies are feeling better now and that is not the big C for Lola (hugs))
love the decorations and the mugs are fab :)
and had to giggle about the toy joke .... love mouse xxxxx

Cath said...

Hope your furbabies get well soon. sending hugs .
Love your Christmas decor .xxx

Sarah in Stitches said...

Aww, I hope poor Lola's going to be okay! I love your little primitive tree :D

Shirlee said...

Hoping that your sweet furbabies will continue to recover & enjoy long lives. Your little tree is so cute, & I am very pleased that you enjoy the gift I sent last year : )

Sherry said...

I hope all will be well for your dogs! Love the mugs.

Vickie said...

I am praying for both your cat and dog.♥

Lumiruusu said...

I am praying for your beloved pets, they are allways so special to us.

The Primitivee Tree looks very stylish and little Angel ornament is very cute !
Greetings from Finland,maija

Carol said...

Oh, Myra--I was so sorry to hear about your dear pets. It sounds like Glitter will be fine, but I know how scary a lump is on Lola. Will certainly be praying for the best...I know how much you love your sweet dog...

Your mugs are amazing--what a great idea! And your tree with all the special ornaments is so nice. With all the finishing you did for others this month, I'm amazed that you had time to decorate :) You did such wonderful work on everyone's ornament finishing--take a rest now and I hope 2014 brings you some relaxing stitching time of your own...

Blu said...

I hope that both Lola and Glitter are fine. (((((((((hugs)))))))))

Chris said...

Wow Myra!
How stressful. I hope that everyone is healing quickly and the the biopsy came back ok.
Your primitive tree looks amazing! I love that little angel.
Those mugs!! Wow! It must make that morning cup of coffee extra special.
Hugs!

Vera said...

Love your tree and the mugs Myra -- they are fabulous. Hugs to Lola -- hoping all is fine, Sounds like Glitter will be ok, thank goodness.

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

I hope Lola has a speedy recovery and that the lump is benign...I hate stuff like that. Stress, worry, anxiety. Prayers for you.
Love, love the little tree and all the pretties!

Pam in IL said...

I'd be leaving that lovely little tree up too! Praying for you and the furbabies.

Andrea said...

Hoping the dogs have a speedy recovery. Lovely tree.

Happy New Year!

Catherine said...

Oh, Myra....I am trying to catch up on blog reading and am so sorry to hear about your furbabies! Hope they are both doing well....sending healing thoughts and prayers and Panzer sends puppy kisses!

Maggee said...

I am very tardy in reading blogs, but hope that by now you received the results for Lola and they were good. Love that primitive tree! I looked up the applesauce cinnamon ornaments... may suggest them to the family next Christmas season. Hugs!