background

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Three more sleeps...

...and a day and a half of work.  Yes, friends it is almost here.  Are you ready?  I think I am. 

The mail brought some delightful surprises this week. 

 
Carol sent this wonderful PS Santa ornament, cardinal creamer, chocolates,  and toy shoppe chart.  Isn't that ornament just perfection?  And you all know I just love that cardinal creamer!

 
From Norma I received this gorgeous mixed media ornament.  Isn't that little angel so sweet?

 
And Vera sent me this wonderful package of goodies - Christmas socks, chocolate, face wipes, and a wonderful cardinal tin.   Love it all!
 
Thank you Carol, Norma, and Vera for making me feel so special.  :o)

Some of you may remember my little gift designs from Christmas last year.  Robin in Virginia sent me these pictures of her finishes of them.


 
Didn't she do a great job on them?  Thank you Robin for sharing your pictures.  I am so happy you enjoyed stitching them.!
 
I have a busy day planned.  I need to make a couple of pillowcases for my boys, I plan to bake a couple of loaves of sweet potato bread to give as gifts, and I want to make another batch of Chex Mix to snack on.
 
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!  I plan to be back with one more post before Christmas to share my finish of Mary's Sampler and a few pictures of my decorations.
 

22 comments:

Julianne said...

Myra, those are special gifts for a very special lady! I hope you all have a blessed Christmas.

I just have to stitch that PS in black after seeing Carol's. It really is stunning.

Sally said...

Merry Christmas Myra!

You received some beautiful gifts.

butterfly said...

Lovely gifts , from your lovely friends , enjoy your week hugs and a Happy Christmas.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great gifts! Enjoy all your lovely cardinals :D

Sue said...

Love that PS Santa ornament! Do you what book that is from?

Robin said...

What lovely gifts you received, Myra! Looking forward to seeing your Mary's Sampler. And thank you again for sharing your little cardinal charts with us!

Robin in Virginia

Vickie said...

Fabulous gifts Myra. Good for you.

Barb said...

What nice gifts. You must have been a very good girl this year!!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Lovely gifts for a lovely lady! Carol does exceptional work and Robin did your designs up righteous!
Merry Christmas Myra :)

Rachel said...

Can't wait to see your finish of Mary's Sampler! You received wonderful gifts, including beautiful ornaments. Happy Christmas!

mainelystitching said...

That's a lovely flock of cardinals! :)

Carol said...

So glad you liked my little gifts, Myra--I know I'll be stitching that Santa again and again :) And the gifts from Norma and Vera are wonderful, too. Robin did a great job on your designs--her stitching and finishing are lovely :)

Enjoy your baking and sewing and I'll look forward to seeing your decorating photos. Christmas is nearly here!!

Andrea said...

Yes it's nearly upon us for another year. Beautiful gifts.

Enjoy the holidays and have a Happy Christmas.

Chris said...

What wonderful surprises in the mail!
Robin did a wonderful job with your design.
I hope that you are having a wonderful lead up to the holiday!
Hugs!

Ellen said...

Wonderful gifts! Robin did a great job with your designs, love those ornaments!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Hugs,

Anne said...

Beautiful gifts Myra from the ladies. That cardinal creamer is so unusual and pretty! Have a very Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

Karoline said...

You got some wonderful gifts, I hope you are having a lovely Christmas

Brigitte said...

Oh my, all these great gifts. And so many cardinal thingies among them. Pure delight for you, I'm sure :)
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas holiday.

CATHI said...

Myra, I wish you a very Merry Christmas!

Cathi

valerie said...

Gorgeous Santa ornie and package from Carol and fabulous treats from all your friends. Happy New Year Myra!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

Catherine said...

All wonderful goodies, Myra!