background

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Bitten

Hello friends and folk!  Thank you so much for the concern, prayers, and good thoughts you sent regarding Lola's surgery.  She is doing well even though we are having a tough time keeping her from licking her surgery site.  Unfortunately the lab results were not good.  The lump was sarcoma which in a nutshell is tissue cancer.  Not the best diagnosis but certainly not the worst either.  We will have to be diligent in checking for lumps in the future and having them removed as soon as they are discovered. 

My start on Snow Angel was frustrating as I miscounted and ended up unstitching almost as much as I stitched.  I had planned for this to be a slow stitch anyway so I put it away for now.  Which brings me to the "bitten" part of this post.

I have been seeing so many of these handsome guys on your blogs it was inevitable that I would be bitten by the bug sooner or later.
  
Yep, I have jumped on the PS Santas bandwagon, specifically the Old World Santas and Kris Kringle.  These things are like eating potato chips...you can't stop with just one.  

I have also been working on a baby quilt for a coworker.  She saw a picture online and asked if I would make a quilt like it for her.  I was able to find the exact fabric line and have finished piecing the top.

Sandwiching and quilting is on the menu for tomorrow.  :o)

This morning I met Chris and Susan for breakfast.  We had lots of fun talking and eating and talking.  They are now headed to Charleston for a textile seminar.  I can't wait to hear all about it.   Look at these wonderful fabrics and buttons Susan brought me from the quilt show she attended this week. 
 Aren't they pretty?  Chris also shared some magazines with me that I am looking forward to perusing.  Thank you both for a delightful breakfast.  Have a safe and fun trip!


I will leave you with a picture of DS1 and Glitter.  He was playing the Uke and Glitter decided to "accompany" him.  :o)

23 comments:

Gillie said...

I'm not surprised you have fallen for those guys, lol, they are very enticing! Love the musical picture!

Barb said...

A great photo of DS1. I do love the PS Santas. I need to see which chart I have. Sorry to hear the less than great diagnosis. I know how important pets are to their families!

Simply Victoria said...

Pretty quilt! Kitty looks quite content being accompanied by your son.

Faye said...

Those santas must be addictive!!!! I'm seeing them out there and have the old PS charts..... Yours make me want to pull mine out!!!!

Deborah said...

Glad Lola's doing better. Love the Santa's!

Sarah in Stitches said...

That is going to be such a pretty baby quilt! Great Santas too :D No wonder you've been bitten!

butterfly said...

Lovely santas Myra also love your baby quilt .
Cute photo, and great stash hugs.

Krista said...

Sweet Santas, I can see how they can be addictive! What a pretty cat Glitter is, looks like she wants to sing along. Enjoy your Sunday.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Hi Myra, oh ya, i think we have all done a PS santa. I have done a few myself. they are really nice. I like the 2 you did. the family picture is really nice. so sweet you got to meet your friends for breakfast.

Shirlee said...

Oh my friend ... I was so worried when I read the title of your post! I thought you had been bitten by the cold & flu bug! So glad it's just the PS Santa bug : ) That picture of your son & Glitter is priceless : ) So sorry to hear about Lola but it does not sound like the news is all that terrible if you can keep ahead of things by checking for lumps.

Vickie said...

Oh my! That photo of your son and Glitter, it is simply wonderful.
I am so sorry for the sarcoma for Lola. I am praying for her.♥

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Your Santas look great. What count linen are you using? Hope Lola heals quickly. Have a great week!

Miss Pants said...

I'm glad Lola is recovering. Getting an animal to not lick a wound is really hard work. Asta still licks where he had a claw removed after Christmas.

Love the Santas! What are your plans for them?

Carol said...

Glad another PS Santa lover has joined the group, Myra--they are addictive, indeed :) I love the blue colors you used on the one--nice change from the red and green!

Aww...how cute is the photo of your son and Glitter--I so miss having a kitty around the house. Sure hope Lola keeps getting better and better...poor pup. I know you're giving her lots of TLC as she heals.

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

Glitter is a handsome cat! I've always wondered about a Siamese cat...I have heard they are so intelligent and loving. Is that true Myra?
And I must not forget how handsome DS1 is too! can't let Glitter take all the accolades :)
Your PS santas are gorgeous! YAY!
And that quilt...so sweet!

Glad to hear Lola is doing OK, but sorry to hear of the sarcoma diagnosis. Hopefully it will be slow and and work out ok.

Lumiruusu said...

Lovely photo of Your DS and the most prettiest Kitty -what breed she is -such a beauty!?

Your stitching is pretty as allways and I really admire Your quilting skills too. I keep on praying for Your You and Your dear Dog :)

Ellen said...

Just love your santas! I want to start stitching them too ha ha!

Lovely Pic of your son and Glitter!

Hugs,

Brigitte said...

Oh yes, PS Santas are addictive. I also decided to stitch at least one each month this year. And this time they will be keepers, lol. I have already pulled out all the PS Santa charts I have and now I have to decide which one to start with.
Great quilt that you have sewn here.
Good to know that Lola is doing better after her surgery.

Andrea said...

Love your PS Santas. Great photo of your son and the cat.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Great PS santas!

Karoline said...

Great Santa's & the quilt is lovely.

Great photo of your son & Glitter

Tracey said...

I love PS Santas- was just perusing some at an ONS last night. The quilt is lovely! I am so sorry to hear about Lola- here's hoping there are no more lumps.

Sally said...

Oh those PS Santas are so sweet!

I had to frog Snow Angel too but not as much as you did. I think I may regret the fabric I'm using lol!

So sorry to read about Lola. Hope she recovers well and no more lumps are found.