background

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Thank You

Thank you all for you kind, sweet, healing words.  I know with time the hole in my heart will heal.

The salads last week were fantastic.  My salad swap partner made a spinach and artichoke salad.  Both were delicious and very filling.  I really enjoyed the convenience of being able to grab a jar and go and wasn't tempted at all to visit the fast food places.  I didn't eat the last salad until Saturday and it was just as fresh as the first one.  I did step on the scales Monday and record my weight just to see if this has any impact on weight loss.  Bear in mind I haven't changed anything else in my excercise or eating habits but I thought it would be interesting to see if the salads made a difference.

This week I prepared Waldorf Inspired Slaw.  I did add a bit of sugar to the dressing because my oh my was it vinegary.  I also added a hunk of cheddar cheese because I just felt like I would need a bit of cheese with this salad/slaw.  I'll let you know how it tastes next week.  We have another partner in our salad swap so there are now 3 of us sharing salads. 


Earlier this week I received a wonderful Valentine surprise in the mail from sweet Faye.  

She sent this lovely pin pillow complete with handmade pins.  Thank you dear friend, it arrived just when I most needed a sweet surprise.

I wish you all a wonderful week ahead and thank you again for all your kind thoughts and sweet words.

20 comments:

Carol said...

I know you'll always, always remember the special times with your sweet Lola, Myra--hoping it does get easier with the passage of time.

Now, those Waldorf salads are just super looking!! I'll definitely be trying those--like the idea of the cheddar cheese, too :)

Sweet Faye's gift is so adorable--I've always loved the combination of pinks and grays...

Thinking of you this week, my friend, and sending hugs your way!

Natasha said...

What a sweet pin pillow to lift your spirits.

What a neat idea for the salad, will have to look into to trying this :)

Pamela said...

So sorry about your sweet dog. We lost our sweet golden retriever 3 weeks ago at the same age as your Lola. Hopefully, with tme all our wounds will heal. I am praying for you.

Your salad looks so delicious! I may have to try them.
Love the heart pillow!!!
Pam

Vickie said...

Faye's sweet gift was perfect for you. HUGS to you.

Krista said...

What a great idea, salad in a jar! Neat!

Chris said...

The salads look amazing!!
Aren't we lucky :)

Barb said...

That cute pillow would help to brighten any day. Love the salad idea. You are still in my thoughts!

Faye said...

Hugs my friend...

Sarah in Stitches said...

Those are yummy looking salads! :D Our hearts all go out to you now, Myra.

Mouse said...

it is nice when there are others doing similar salads and you can swap ideas ... they do look lovely :) and gorgeous wee heart pillow :) love mouse xxxx

Karoline said...

I'm so sorry to read about Lola {{{hugs}}}

CATHI said...

I am soo sorry for your great loss! It was such a sweet dog!

Hugs, Cathi

Alice said...

So sorry for you loss. I recently lost my sweet dog to cancer. It does get easier with time, but I will always miss her.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Salads and fruit yummy. I have been doing that for years. They look yummy. The heart is so pretty from Faye. One day at a time Myra.

Brigitte said...

The more I read about and see pictures of your salad jars the more I'd like to make these jars myself. I'm a salad lover and these salads look just delicious.

Such a nice little gift at a time when you needed consolation so much. I'm sure it will help you.

bonnie said...

so sorry about your lola

pollyanna said...

What a great idea, having a salad swap. And your pillow is delightful :) Thinking of you and missing your voice on the forum :)

Jan said...

Sending you gentle hugs.

Marie said...

Thank you for the link to the Mason Jar salad!

Faye's gift is timed perfectly.

Catherine said...

Myra, I hope the dear memories of Lola are helping you through this time....
Those salads in the jar look great!
What a sweet gift from Faye!!