background

Monday, March 3, 2014

Friends and Tea

Hello!  I hope you all had a great weekend.  The weather in NC was beautiful.  We went from 70 degrees and sunny yesterday to freezing today with sleet and snow.  Go figure.

I met Chris for an early breakfast yesterday. It was so good to see her again and catch up.  She gave me a wonderful kit along with a lovely card.  (I am soooo spoiled)
 I also received some happy mail from my friend Norma last week.  Just look at this lovely Valentine she sent me.
 I totally missed Valentine's Day this year.  With Lola's illness and subsequent passing my mind just wasn't there.

Now I would like to invite you all to enjoy a cup of tea.  :o)



Or perhaps coffee is more your thing.


Just another one of those bees I get in my bonnet.  :o)  I had an idea to make a cup pincushion and look what happened!  I just had to make some themed pins to go along with my cuppa.


 The "creamer" for the coffee houses a magnet so I can park my needle or a pin.

I am still tweaking the design but I think I like them. I am going to try using felt for the cup next time.

Thank you for visiting and for all your lovely comments.  I hope you have a wonderful week!

27 comments:

MartyG said...

Myra, too cute.

Christine said...

Awesome Myra! I'll have tea please! You are so creative! Great job!

Heather said...

Very cute! I will take a cup of each please. :-)

Stitch Mill said...

Your work always really amazes me. So creative and so perfectly executed. I am in awe!

Ellen said...

Very creative! I would love a cup of coffee ha ha!

Hugs,

Pam in IL said...

Mine would be hot chocolate with marshmallows or whipped cream. Yours are adorable! Maybe you can share how you made them and your cute pins too.

Barb said...

Your cups are so cute!! I love the chart that Chris gave you. I have it on my maybe I should buy list!

Bonnie said...

I love those tea pots and mugs.
The valentine card u received is precious.

carol fun said...

These teacups are so cute -- you are so clever -- the magnet in the creamer is genius! Hope the weather improves quickly!

Blu said...

What a lovely heart from Norma.
OMG those cups are adorable! I can't get over the creamer. I thought it was real with just a pin until I read that it had a magnet. You're so creative!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Those cups are so sweet! Very creative. Enjoy your goodies! :D

butterfly said...

So sweet Myra , I do love a cup of tea ha.
So lovely to meet up with friends and a lovely gift from Chris.

Lumiruusu said...

Hello Myra!

The Pincushion Cups are totallyawesome and I would love to have a cup of black coffee with a thin Mint Chocolatebeside it. You are such a creative Lady.

Chris said...

Myra!! Those pincushions are amazing. The detail and the pins are wonderful.
It was wonderful to catch up and see you!
Thanks for breakfast!

Marilyn said...

Oh, those are sooooooooooooo cute!
Marilyn

Brigitte said...

Myra, these cups are just gorgeous. What a great idea for a pincushion, even with creamer-needleminder. So creative!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful Valentine--very clever with the tea and coffee cups

Vickie said...

Oh Myra! How very, very clever. Those pins! Awesome.

chickenchupacabra said...

NEAT! & love the magnet idea

Carol said...

Another creative finish, Myra--I love how you take your ideas and just run with them! And those little pins are adorable, too :)

I LOVE that kit you got from Chris--I've been eyeing that one myself... I know you'll have fun stitching it!

Andrea said...

Love the cup and saucers. You re so clever. Lovely kit from Chris.

Shirlee said...

Oh Myra, you've amazed me again : ) And that's a very nice kit from Chris. I know ... I have one : )

Cindy's Stitching said...

Really nice gifts myra. The cups are so pretty.

Sally said...

Tea please Myra lol! They are adorable!

msmartello said...

These are adorable!!!!

Maggee said...

How cute those are!

geeky Heather said...

Those cups are just darling...and I love the creamer magnet...you're So clever!