background

Friday, March 7, 2014

What a Mess!

Hello friends!  This morning I headed to work at 7 am.  We had lots of rain and wind last night but no ice on the trees at my house.  I was about 10 minutes into my commute when I noticed the trees were covered with ice.  Then about 5 minutes later I came upon a tree down across the road.  Luckily it only blocked one lane so I was able to drive around it.  About 2 miles further and I came upon a tree completely across the road.
 This isn't the actual tree but it looked just like this.  So I had to back up, turn around and try another way.  I went down another road only to encounter a live power line across the street.  At this point I turned around again and headed back home.  Only one person was able to make it to work and we lost power there about an hour after she arrived so we ended up closing for the day. 

Have you seen these charity designs by Little House Needleworks and Shakespeare's Peddler?


If you haven't then you need to run not walk and check them out.
http://shakespearespeddler.blogspot.com/2014/03/charts-for-charity-by-little-house.html

I ordered the doggie one and it arrived today.  As soon as I get off this computer I am going to kit it up and get started.  I love them both and the money is going toward such a good cause.  Lola, Jacxon, Glitter, and Ziggy were all rescues and I am a big supporter of animal rescue.  

I hope you are all safe and warm and have a wonderful weekend!  I hope to do lots of stitching and maybe a little bit of sewing.  :o)

18 comments:

Pam in IL said...

Wow, I'm glad you were able to make back home safely! Winter just doesn't want to leave us. I love the charts supporting animal rescue and have ordered them as well.

Ellen said...

So glad you were able to turn and go back home safely!

Beautiful charts!

Hugs,

Blu said...

That sounds like a frustrating morning. I'm glad you were able to get home safely.

Barb said...

I'm really glad you made it back home safely!!What nasty weather!! Those are very cute designs.

butterfly said...

Not a good day to be out Myra , best to be safe and at home.
Such a lovely little dog chart , will you have another little pet Myra I know we said Poppy would be our last one but I do miss my little friend , but my Ron said no more for the moment we want to travel more in the next few years. But one can never say no ha.

Lois said...

Glad you made it home safely Myra. Those charts are so cute! Looking forward to seeing your progress on the doggie one. Stay warm!

Vickie said...

Oh boy! What a white knuckle drive. I am glad you are safe and sound and stitching. =)

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Sorry you had to get out and risk yourself and vehicle. Always amazing to me that companies don't think about that. Glad you made it home to enjoy sunshine and stitching!

Carol said...

That sounds like one scary storm, Myra. We missed that one, luckily. Will this winter ever, ever come to an end??? At least we have our stitching to keep us going--love your newest purchase!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Glad you're safe, Myra! Those charts are adorable, can't wait to see your start :D

Maggee said...

My daughter and family in in the Durham area have had not power for two days now, and even the schools were closed for no power! She sent me a picture of a big tree that apparently fell in their yard...right between the motorcycle and the truck! Phew!! Could have been ugly!! Glad you just stayed home! Enjoy stitching the doggie pattern! Hugs!

Annette-California said...

Talk about challenges - what a time of it you had driving. Glad to hear you made it back home safe. Hopefully you got to stitch!
love Annette

Sally said...

Glad you made it home safe. It sounds really nasty.

Annie said...

Time for winter to be over! How did we make Mother Nature so angry?

Glad you arr ok after that ordeal!

Chris said...

What a crazy storm. I hope that things are back to normal soon! I can't wait to see your stitching start!

msmartello said...

Glad your safe Myra. That looks treacherous! I bought Neighborhood friends and I love Diane's story on her blog. Had to get it. It came yesterday and I couldn't get it open fast enough. Can't wait to stitch it.
Take Care
Maureen

Shirlee said...

You were certainly brave to try to get to work in that weather! I'm glad you were able to get safely back home.

Jeanne said...

Well the trees are so pretty to look at but no fun driving in that mess that's for sure. Hope your weather has improved by now.

One of my doggies is a rescue pet also and just the sweetest dog ever - we couldn't have bred one like her if we'd tried! Both charity designs are darling.