background

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

More Gardening

Hello!  I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.  I don't have any stitching to show because I have been spending most of my time outside.   After 3 weeks my little garden is really starting to grow.

I will be harvesting the radishes at the end of this week.  Now I have to decide what to replant in that square.

I was strolling through Lowe's this weekend and was caught up by their selection of succulents.  Of course a few had to come home with me.  I had lots of fun making little container gardens with them.
This one uses a bird's nest that had fallen from a tree.


I had a house shaped container for this one.


And this one is the one I had the most fun making.



I made the adirondack chair with popsicle sticks and a tutorial I found online.  I printed a cute pattern on photo paper and fashioned the umbrella with a bamboo skewer.  The little flip flops are buttons.

I found the printout for the sign online, made a fence using more popsicle sticks and painted a little tin bucket pink to match the flip flops.  I have enough plants to make one more garden and I am thinking it will be a fun one too... it might even have a gnome who lives there.  :o)

Betty was groomed this week.  Here she is sporting her pink bandanna.


And she wants to make sure you check out her hot pink nails!


Thank you for stopping by.  Have a great week!

13 comments:

Vera said...

Hi Myra, all of your gardening looks amazing! What fun. Can't wait to see what you come up with next for your succulents. Betty's nails, unfortunately, look better than mine -- I need a pedicure! Looks like she is right at home with you.

cucki said...

Wow all your gardening is looking so sweet and so wonderful ...
Sending you big hugs x

Annette-California said...

As soon as I saw your photo of your box garden I noticed right away that your plants GREW!!! So cool! I just about fell off my chair when I saw your container gardens.....OH MY! the beach one is sooooooo CUTE!!! You did GREAT! And those pink nails - too pretty!
love Annette

Marilyn said...

Your containers gardens are too cute, what a great idea.
Hee-Hee! Betty is too cute with her Bandana and pink nails.
Looks like she is adjusting to her new home.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Oh goodness! Those little gardens are awesome. Love Betty's nail color choice of course. ;) We have tried to paint Mabel's nails. She sneezes like crazy from the scent of the polish.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful gardens! I love that little one. So creative! :D

Maggee said...

That squash plant has blossomed big-time! Cute little planters you put together! Do they REALLY paint the dogs' nails or did you do it?

Charlene ♥ SC said...

What a difference a week makes! Your little succulent disigns are really cute! Betty's really a pampered pooch - Diva in the making! Lol.

Pam in IL said...

Your garden is looking great! I love the little succulent gardens you made. Betty is adorable in her pink bandana and pink nails. Dottie Dog says she wants pink nails too.

Shirlee said...

Oh Myra! Betty with painted nails! That's a first for me ... lol! She looks lovely : ) Your garden is really growing fast, & I was excited to see your little succulent gardens. John & I used to make those when we were first married. Brings back good memories : ) Have a wonderful weekend my friend!

Carol said...

All of your gardens--big and small--look great, Myra! I can imagine how much fun it was to put that beach garden together...your attention to even the littlest detail Is wonderful! What fun!!

Ha ha--Betty is quite the glamour girl with those nails :)

Enjoy your weekend, my friend...

Chris said...

Your garden looks amazing! And what fun you have had with the small succulents. So cool!
I think I have the same colors on my toes as Betty.

Brigitte said...

Oh Myra, you are such a creative person. I love your little garden sceneries, so sweet.